Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
Intel i7-9700k
Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel HD
Hi Guys, I built my customac with Mojave following the installation guide here and it seems to be running smoothly except for the audio. All of the output devices show in system preferences, and I can get sound from bt headphones and the front headphone port but not from internal speakers or line in. My monitor is connected to my computer via hdmi only and I thought this could be the issue but haven't found a fix yet. I've tested the hdmi with my laptop and the sound works perfectly.

I have tried following this guide AppleHDA HDMI Audio but had no results.

I have AppleALC, Lilu and Whatevergreen in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other and have tried with them in L/E - no result. Downloading the most recent ones didn't have an effect either. I have tried all the layout id's for alc892 (Z390 mb) and none of them have worked, I have also tried changing HDAS to HDEF in clover, resetting HDA, adding 'alcid=layout-id' to boot args, checking 'Use Intel HDMI' but still nothing. I tried to clear nvram in terminal using ' sudo nvram -c' and it came back with "Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted"

I have attached images to show injections in my current config.plist.

I'm out of ideas, I would really appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.04.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.04.37.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.05.30.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.05.30.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.05.57.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.05.57.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.06.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.06.35.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 259
hello, did you find the solution I have the same problem you have solved?

hello, did you find the solution I have the same problem you have solved?

No unfortunately I've not found a solution yet. I'm holding out hope though!

I tried it with VoodooHDA but I don't have any output devices when I do this. I downloaded version 2.9.2 with a clean install as multibeast only gives me 2.9.1, and had no other kexts installed but it seems it will only show output devices if appleALC is installed, still no audio regardless though.

I tried it with VoodooHDA but I don't have any output devices when I do this. I downloaded version 2.9.2 with a clean install as multibeast only gives me 2.9.1, and had no other kexts installed but it seems it will only show output devices if appleALC is installed, still no audio regardless though.

Hi there.

This should be a relatively easy fix as yours is a common audio chipset.

Basics:

1) The latest lilu.kext, whatevergreen.kext and applealc.kext should be in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Do not put them in Library/Extensions. If they are, delete and rebuild kext-caches ( sudo kextcache -i / ). Do not use voodoohda as well.

2) The AppleHDA.kext you have in S/L/E should be untouched, so replace it with a backup if it has been modified.

3) Usually Audio ID for the 892 on Gigabyte boards is 1, 2 or 3. Rarely the higher numbers. However if you have the front panel connector attached you may have to venture further afield. All possible IDs are listed in the FAQ on the Acidanthera website.

4) HDMI connection to monitor is fine.

The fact that your first screengrab shows the audio devices means the drivers are loading. Usually there will be one more for the monitor output.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back