Contribute
Register

ALC892 audio stops working on streaming sites (High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU
i7 2700K
Graphics
GTX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 and the Toleda CloverALC script. My audio works fine but I noticed that on streaming websites like YouTube the audio stops working after a while. I can still see all the audio output devices in Settings and it appears as if Audio is working (everything is set as it usually is), yet there's no audio output. The only thing that resolves it is a reboot. I dont get this issue using macOS normally. This seems to be an issue when attempting to stream videos in Chrome.

That Google search reveals no sound whatsoever in Chrome. My issue is that my sound does work, but one or two videos in and the sound suddenly stops. Then the whole macOS has no sound. The articles are also dated many years back. Whichever way I'm going to give Safari a test tonight to determine if Chrome is the issue or whether it's a general macOS issue.

Thanks for the quick response!

I've similar issue where audio all of a sudden (Randomly. Although, I know something probably might be triggering it. I just don't what. yet.) stops working even though it shows proper output devices in the sound bar in the top left corner. And, If I put it in sleep mode and wake it, I'm back with the audio. I'd this issue in Sierra. And now in High Sierra.

P.S. I've ALC887. Installed driver using Toleda CloverALC script.

Similar issue, when I watch videos on YouTube or another streaming site, sound work for one or two videos and then the audio stops working.
I'm on High Sierra 10.13.2 with ALC887 toleda's CloverALC

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this issue is related to browsers. Today my audio randomly disappeared just after using the VICE Commodore 64 emulator. I don't think it's a particular application but a general issue. Today I didnt stream any videos or music in any browser and it still disappeared. Oddly after about 10min the sound came back. Cannot seem to find anything in console indicating that the core audio service threw an exception. I never had this issue in Sierra. Currently on High Sierra 10.13.2 (upgraded in the hope it might solve the issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back