Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

After struggling for a couple of days, I finally got my ALC892 audio working. The answer takes two steps. Remove any HDAEnabler8** kexts in System\Library\Extensions. (Make a backup by copying them to your Desktop before you delete them.)

Use MultiBeast to install the ALC892 audio by selection two options along with System Utilities:

Go to Drivers and Bootloaders\Kexts and Enablers\Audio\Realtek ALC8XX\Unified Decice Injector
Select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback

Complete MultiBeast,Shutdown and Boot.

(This was offered in another solution, but there were no instructions about removing the previous HDA enablers, which seemed to make the difference in my case.)

Hope this helps someone.

ALC892 doesn't work...
last time I tried to get it working, I ended up with several kernel panics... no sound=no panics...

anyway, can't get my sound card to work, and I tried a shitload of things... tired of this :(

im on a p8p67 and when i flashed the early Asus modified BIOS 3207, i lost my audio and could not get it back using Multibeast so i used 2334 voodooHDAkext with 2334 voodooHDAenabler and voodooHDA.prefpane and had all audio back on Lion yesterday I upgraded my rig no clean install to ML and I used multibeast with ALC8XX UDI, AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT HDAEnablerALC892 and my audio is still working. the only issue i have from time to time is my sound distorts if i have 2 or more audio sources playing but that was already happening on Lion but it recognizes as intel HD audio 892 with all channels detected.

Hi All,

After struggling for a couple of days, I finally got my ALC892 audio working. The answer takes two steps. Remove any HDAEnabler8** kexts in System\Library\Extensions. (Make a backup by copying them to your Desktop before you delete them.)

Use MultiBeast to install the ALC892 audio by selection two options along with System Utilities:

Go to Drivers and Bootloaders\Kexts and Enablers\Audio\Realtek ALC8XX\Unified Decice Injector
Select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback

Complete MultiBeast,Shutdown and Boot.

(This was offered in another solution, but there were no instructions about removing the previous HDA enablers, which seemed to make the difference in my case.)

Hope this helps someone.

I followed your steps and i ended up deleting one kext called HDAEnabler1.kext. That was the only hda kext in the extensions folder. I followed the rest of the directions but when i booted up the kext file reappeared and my audio still isnt working, but now i cant even change the volume with the volume buttons, its just frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back