Graphics
GeForce GTX 1070 AERO ITX 8G OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Audio cracks!

Still hoping this is possible...: 7.1 analog Audio AND HDMI Audio

I am using HDMI for standard output (working so far...) but i also like to have 7.1 analog output for my Razer Tiamat Headset!

if i choose Audio-layout 1 i just get HDMI... am i wrong?!

any hints how i get this working?!

Yes. HDMI, see Post #1/HDMI Audio AppleHDA
5.1 analog, see Post #1/Surround Sound Realtek ALC AppleHDA
7.1 analog, requires AppleHDA.kext customization, see audio_ALC_guides/Customization.pdf

Thanks for your Anser! So, you say its possible??

#1/HDMI Audio AppleHDA
i know this Post, but its 100miles long and i lost the overview.... its pretty confusing! i dont know where to start and which parts are needed and wich are alternatives to others...

Can you be more precise about the steps?

please correct me if i am wrong:
what you are trying to tell is, i can use DSDT/SSDT to enable HDMI on my NVIDIA 660 and later edit the existing AppleHDA.kext to enable 7.1 audio?

but there is this part, i am not shure if i interpret this right:
Requirements
S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
  1. Native S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/with or without onboard audio
    1. See Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf
    2. Remove any audio kext enabler, disables HDMI audio
      1. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler?.kext
  2. Realtek ALC AppleHDA.kext (885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150)
  3. Patched AppleHDA.kext
  4. Supported Audio-IDs (Audio_ID = layout-id), select one
    1. Audio_ID: 1 - 3/5/6 port Realtek ALC onboard audio with/without
      1. HD4600+/HD6000+/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio
this means i can use the patched kext to enable 6 Analog ports AND HDMI in one step?!

i also think to know that DSDT/SSDT is "patch-proof" because it describes Hardware, while editing the kexts maybe gets overritten on updates, is this also true? (need to ask, as long as i have the chance to ask the master ;D)

is there also a way to it all via DSDT/SSDT?

Last edited:
So, you say its possible
Yes.
this means i can use the patched kext to enable 6 Analog ports AND HDMI in one step?!
No.
892/5.1/7.1 is independent of 670 HDMI audio
cloverALC and cloverHDMI require native AppleHDA.kext, edits are persistent through updates.
All questions are answered in the linked threads.

first of all thanks for answering! you maybe think i am hard work, but i just need the "click", so dont give up on me:clap:

ok... i read through all this (HDMI Audio AppleHDA)once again... later i also tried to get the clue with your descriptions on your repositories on Github and all the linked PDF's

still not shure:cry:

1. Dependencies to the unedited/native AppleHDA.kext

you say
cloverALC and cloverHDMI require native AppleHDA.kext, edits are persistent through updates.
yes, because, as we allready resolved, DSDT/SSDT --> persistent

but you also said
7.1 analog, requires AppleHDA.kext customization, see audio_ALC_guides/Customization.pdf

that means 7.1 analog (kext editing) eliminates cloverALC and cloverHDMI (as far as i could read all DSDT/SSDT edits) because, as you said, they need the native, unedited AppleHDA.kext?! or am i still wrong?!!? :crazy:

if its true i still cant see the working combination with Nvidia HDMI and analog 7.1 outputs on the ALC892 at the same time...:cry:

2. if i am wrong... another Way to do?!?!
if i understood the native HDA thing wrong, the way i would see it working would be

NVIDIA HDMI: https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_guides/blob/master/[Guide]-OSX-Nvidia-hdmi_audio.pdf.zip

after this the
ALC892: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
Audio ID 1 for 7.1 analog ports and add the jacks as you said in https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC_guides/blob/master/Customization.pdf

Is this the right way:eek:?!

#####EDIT
OMG!!!! i allmost got it!!!!
:lol:

reset my appleHDA.kext but the HDMI was still here (i think because of the DSDT/SSDT i created a few days ago.. is that possible?)

and then started with the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command, then ID-1 and ... boooom! everything was right here!
created a new Output-device (5.1) yet, but then i remembered i physically have no grey output...
So on Windows i had to reroute the output (via registry) for the sub-right and sub-left (grey) plug to the (i chose the) line-in (because i dont need it...).

Can i do that here too? turning line-in (blue) into SubR/SubL (grey) to finally get 7.1?

Last edited:
The customization guide enables grey without repurposing blue, read the guide.
i did!at 5. it tells how to substitute the black to get the grey and with 6. it tells how to substitue SPDIFout to get the grey plug...

but i physically have NO grey plug as you can see on the picture i have added. And i have to plug it in somewhere...

thats why i plugged it into blue, thats why i was asking, if its possible to turn blue into grey. you understand my dilemma?

one input (for mic) is enough for me anyway...

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-30 um 21.07.00.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-30 um 21.07.00.png
    63 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back