Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I can't seem to get any sound, I've got an ALC889A audio controller and I've tried the VoodooHDA (kernerl panic) and the various ALC889A drives which don't seem to do much. The default HDAenabler on the disc gives me a list of inputs and outputs, but no actual audio device. Any ideas?

Re: ALC899A not working

Yeah, spent hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Under audio all I get is a device ID 0x1458A102 and audio ID 885 with nothing under available devices... :(

Gah, somehow the AppleHDA.kext hadn't installed properly, all working now with the drivers you linked to above...

Device ID: 0x1458A102
Audio ID: 885
Available Devices:
Speaker:
Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack
Line Out:
Line Out:
Line Out:
Internal Microphone:
Connection: Internal
External Microphone:
Line In:
Headphone:
S/P-DIF Out:
Connection: Combo
S/P-DIF In:

Hello,

I have an ALC889 and have been unable to get sound working either. Could you post which files you downloaded/how you got it working?

Thanks,

- JoshT

I second that, I still can't get audio working properly in 10.6.2, can you post the exact files? Are you using a DSDT patch or the enabler?

UPDATE: I used this file ALC889a_LayoutID_885.zip with tonymac's P55-UD4P dsdt and it finally worked! No clicking and popping in the sound! FINALLY! On a side note, is there an easy way to rename the jacks properly? I have 3 Line Out, it's not exactly practical :p

UPDATE #2: Hmmpf I spoke too fast, only the headphone jack works :/ The Line Outs don't produce any sound. The is also a hissing sound on the headphone line and it pops like crazy when I plug something in. Also, not that I care much, but I should have more jacks available (digital out, another line out, another line in)

Thanks!!

following problem:

i used the kexts from the link above

Series of LegacyHDA.kext for Gigabyte ALC888 and ALC889a 10.5.8 & SL Ready
Series of LegacyHDA.zip

now in the system profiler i have following setup under Audio:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 888
Available Devices:
External Microphone:
External Microphone:
Line In:
Headphone:
Speaker:
Line Out:
Line Out:
Line Out:
S/P-DIF Out:
S/P-DIF In:

but when i open the sound system pref pane, i only see my usb audio device at output and nothing at input. any advice?

regards

xSmurf - there are five different kexts, you have to try and see which ones works best. I used the 889A with HD front audio and it did the trick for me.

tronic - did you install the AppleHDA.kext from the tonymac CD as well, otherwise it won't work.

By the by, I also installed this http://www.kexts.com/view/156-azalia_audio.html I don't know if that made any difference or not, as before I installed the AppleHDA.kext it made no difference at all.

thelostswede said:
tronic - did you install the AppleHDA.kext from the tonymac CD as well, otherwise it won't work.

works. thanks!

Re: ALC899A not working [Solved]

Has anyone with a GA-P55-UD6 got sound working? I don't really know what to do :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back