i5 4690k
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Errors in MaciASL, said to seek assistance.
No audio devices show up even after installing ALC889 kext from multibeast 7.0.
OSX 10.10, MSI P55-GD55, Bios v 1.9, I5 750, 7950
Using the guide to add HDEF to DSDT.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    5.4 MB · Views: 765
I thought I had the same problem, but all I needed to do was go to system settings - sound and change the output device. It had defaulted to optical output and should have been internal speakers.

I thought I had the same problem, but all I needed to do was go to system settings - sound and change the output device. It had defaulted to optical output and should have been internal speakers.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 7.32.23 AM.png

Another little trick- Apple has disabled "Play feedback when volume is changed" by default. I often use that to test if audio is working- tricked me the first time...

And, if you're not getting audio on Yosemite, make sure kext-dev-mode=1 is enabled in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and that you're on the correct Output.

Hope this helps.

Another little trick- Apple has disabled "Play feedback when volume is changed" by default. I often use that to test if audio is working- tricked me the first time...

Thank you very much for this life and time saving trick.

Last edited:
Me Too, System prefs> Sound> set to built in speakers = Fixed.

For some reason this install defaulted to digital audio out instead of built in speakers. Glad acl889a on gigabyte board yosemite no sound was fixed with this simple non issue

Working on my Yosimite installation. Downloaded the latest the uni & mulitbeast and installed Yosimite without real issues. Last step was to add Network (although this worked already from the start) and Audio as documented for my previous installation.

Needed drivers for my Gigabyte EX58-UD5

ALC889a/885
Realtek RTL8169

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Although I reinstalled my audio driver, no positive result for the audio. Rest is working great. Any ideas how to resolve this ?

Working on my Yosimite installation. Downloaded the latest the uni & mulitbeast and installed Yosimite without real issues. Last step was to add Network (although this worked already from the start) and Audio as documented for my previous installation.

Needed drivers for my Gigabyte EX58-UD5

ALC889a/885
Realtek RTL8169

Although I reinstalled my audio driver, no positive result for the audio. Rest is working great. Any ideas how to resolve this ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back