Graphics
2x XFX ATI 5870 with Crossfire Bridge
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am getting ready to build my first hackintosh, and I was wondering, in order to get ALC889 working do you need to install the legacy audio option and the matching HDAEnabler option?

Dr. Who? said:
I am getting ready to build my first hackintosh, and I was wondering, in order to get ALC889 working do you need to install the legacy audio option and the matching HDAEnabler option?
Only if you are not using a DSDT.

MacMan said:
Dr. Who? said:
can you elaborate?
Is there a way to use ALC889 without Voodoo/Reverting to older AppleHDA?

winstonace said:
MacMan said:
Dr. Who? said:
can you elaborate?
Not at this time.

winstonace said:
MacMan said:
Dr. Who? said:
can you elaborate?

You may try this ALC889_AppleHDA_199f12.zip (10.6.5).

It's working on my friend's X58A-UD3R (Rev 2.0).

What about patching the 10.6.5 original kext? It's working for me. I also have the enabler in E/E.
How to Patch AppleHDA
Make a copy of the kext to your desktop, then run this command (set the correct path):
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g' /Users/YOUR_USER/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
After that install the kext with your preferred tool and when you reboot you'll get the sound back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back