Contribute
Register

ALC889 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.x Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ALC889 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.1 Lion)

tonymacx86 said:
Confirmed working :thumbup:

This provides pretty much the same support as 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. Take your pick. Good work!

Thanks Tony

Tried the kext - I have intermittent popping and static noises when listening to audio. Used on a GA-X58-UD3R Rev 2. Anyone else have this issue?

DSH said:
Tried the kext - I have intermittent popping and static noises when listening to audio. Used on a GA-X58-UD3R Rev 2. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm having the same issues as well. This is a Lion problem, as 10.6.8 had no issues regarding the sound. Also, Windows uses the same mobo, I use the H27m-d2-b3 mobo which uses ALC889.

Works for GA-X58A-UD7 Rev 1 with F8 DSDT from Database.

10.7.1 works yes with multibest

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
installed the kext and now my front audio ports don't work (headphones) like they did with the HDA rollback.

anyone with the same board able to test something for me? if i set the on-chip frame buffer size to 480+2 in the BIOS my system will always reboot and loop if either this kext or the rollback kext is installed. if i drop the frame buffer size down to 448+2 or lower it will boot fine... i'm a little worried something's a miss with my mobo (this and the graphical issues i've been having).

thanks

(edit: that sounded odd. the rebooting is directly related to the audio kexts being installed.)

Thanks for this...
I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 f7 V.1 with a TonyMacX86 DSDT file on Lion 10.7.1.
Everything worked, except my headphones. Any idea on how to fix this?
Thank you

digitalsin said:
Thanks for this...
I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 f7 V.1 with a TonyMacX86 DSDT file on Lion 10.7.1.
Everything worked, except my headphones. Any idea on how to fix this?
Thank you
headphones on the front of your case? if so, i had the same problem. i fixed this by going back to the apple hda rollback from multibeast.

Working fine on GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 with DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD5-B3-F7.aml.
No problem after sleeping. Thanks so much.

Only problem is output device and pin configuration.
4 output devices are found in Sound control panel; Internal Speakers, Headphones, Line Out, and Digital Out.

I can hear sound, when I select Internal Speakers as Output device,
through only Line Out (Green) pin at the back panel.
Headphone pin at the front panel does not work.

Headphones and Line Out do not work. I did not try Digital Out.

nozyczek said:
Attached is my patched 10.7.1 AppleHDA.kext (2.1.1f12) for ALC889.
Works on GA-P55A-UD4P rev 2.0

Oh man, thanks for this! :headbang: Fixed my audio problems (lots of hiss and static), and even the buzzing/squeaking I was getting from Finder when I scroll through files. I'd tried every other kext in the book. :oops: :banghead:

Works on my X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 board, OS 10.7.1. Sorted!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back