Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> ALC887 - Layoutid 7 - B150m - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then I partially solved: my id (among those available in Hackintool) is 7. The correct one. In practice, removing the headphones (from the front port of the PC) the audio goes directly to the rear output. So the rear output also works but I can't keep them both connected. Or rather I have to unplug the headphones.

- But the audio via HDMI does not work, why?
I also patched the SSD for the GPU by inserting HDAU.

- Also the microphone does not work

I followed the guide well, and checked that all the kext do their job, but the HDMI (it is recognized in settings, sounds) as a digital output, but then it says: The selected device has no output controls

I followed the guide well, and checked that all the kext do their job, but the HDMI (it is recognized in settings, sounds) as a digital output, but then it says: The selected device has no output controls
This is normal in MacOS, DisplayPort and HDMI audio are only adjustable through the television or monitor volume controls. Volume adjustment only works for the headphones, microphones, and motherboard 1/8” audio jacks.

Thank you very much this was one thing I did not remember. Although with VodooHda even with headphones I cannot choose the output device. The microphone then connected via headphones does not work. (The front one) In addition to the HDMI output which gives me no sound.

Thank you very much this was one thing I did not remember. Although with VodooHda even with headphones I cannot choose the output device. The microphone then connected via headphones does not work. (The front one) In addition to the HDMI output which gives me no sound.
Applealc.kext has a lot of versions for 887 you may need to try different layout IDs, 1,3,5,7,9 etc.. Check the list of layouts and test them out.
Do not use VoodooHDA kext with ALC.kext , it’s one of the other not both.

Why so many versions for the 887 codec?
I've tried all this values for id layout. Correct is 7.
I am not using VodooHda
because i am trying to get native audio to work.

I update the post telling you that I also fixed the microphone!
The problem was due to patches to the AppleHDA kext set to CLover! I removed them and the microphone is now working. So all ports work, except HDMI. If you have any suggestions I am really grateful .. :)

I update the post telling you that I also fixed the microphone!
The problem was due to patches to the AppleHDA kext set to CLover! I removed them and the microphone is now working. So all ports work, except HDMI. If you have any suggestions I am really grateful .. :)
Use clover boot menu hit f8 and or Alt+f8 and then boot normally. Mount the EFI and got to Clover/misc folder. Raw codec should be there. Copy those to a folder. Google Pin Configurator app. Open the app and use File/Import/Open and search the codec folder. Use the bin file. This tool can edit and remove any unused devices in the codec. At the bottom of the window there is an option to configure data. You can copy this data and save to notes or some other text app.
Place a copy of AppleALC.kext on desktop and right click “show package contents”. Tirght click on the info.plist and scroll through several hundred ALC887 IDs until you reach one that matches your board or is close to it. There is a place for the saved data you can remove and replace with yours and test. Make sure to check the layout ID number and set yours to the same.
this is not a simple or perfect solution but it may correct your audio issues.

I tried to press F8 and also alt + f8, but it doesn't do anything, in Misc I don't find anything, if not some screens that I have made.
i found Pin configurator and importing ioreg this is what i see:

1620076209135.png

This instead from DPCIManager:
1620079457664.png

Last edited:
I tried to press F8 and also alt + f8, but it doesn't do anything, in Misc I don't find anything, if not some screens that I have made.
i found Pin configurator and importing ioreg this is what i see:

View attachment 517394
This instead from DPCIManager:
View attachment 517400
For the f8 I think you need a USB with clover on it. It’s showing alc888B? That may explain your issue. It f you can pull the real codec using clover usb.
Clover needs to be a certain build number or later is if it’s an older version it may not have it. I think I use clover rev. 41xx version and it works. You don’t need it to boot just have to hit f8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back