RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Toleda,

Running Mav 10.9.4 on a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H rev 1.1. UEFI bios. Previously audio with your 2.6.1 Toleda ALC887 kext worked perfectly. Ran MB 6.4.0 and inadvertently re-installed the audio kext which replaced the old one with 2.6.3. No audio with or without HDEnabler. Re-installed ver 2.6.1 and audio again working. Figured it would be easiest to go straight to the source to ask what changed between 2.6.1 and 2.6.3. Anyone else experience this? Tnx as always for your great work and contribution to the community.

Thanks Toleda,

Was HDAEnabler, not HDAEnabler1 (or are they the same?). Anyway, based on your feedback, searched my system some more and discovered a [leftover] hdaenabler.dylib in /Extra/Modules. Once deleted, audio worked again. Tnx.

Bootloader is chimera 3.01, HDAenabler.dylib is in /Extra/modules, HDEFLayoutID is 01000000, HDAEnabler=Yes, and AppleHDA for ALC887 is in /S/L/E. However, despite all of this, I get no audio unless HDAEnabler.kext is in /S/L/E. Of course, there is no HDAEnabler1 or 2.

Any ideas why I only have audio when the kext is loaded?

HDAEnabler.kext is not from this site, no idea what is wrong.
Toleda,

Thought I would pass this on for anyone else with a similar problem - file in the 'weird, but true' category. I cloned my working Mav partition (will call it MAV A) to another disk (MAV B). Reinstalled 10.9.4 from the unibeast usb installer over MAV B. Sure enough, audio worked without HDAEnabler on MAV B (as it should). Confirmed there were no apparent differences in /S/L/E, and /E files between MAV A and MAV B (other than HDAEnabler on MAV A). However MAV A continued to require HDAEnabler. Replaced the Extra folder on MAV A with the one from MAV B and voila - HDAEnabler no longer required. Only thing I can think of is that although the names and sizes of the nvram files were identical, the contents weren't. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help on this.

Do you use a patched DSDT, or patched your own? I have the same motherboard and also having audio problems, especially with Logic Pro.

I'm using UEFI, (F11a beta bios), so I don't use dsdt.aml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back