Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-4720HQ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960m
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have installed MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 on my Asus UX501JW. I'm using Clover 4035 as bootloader. Everything works fine except that it only has sound after a hard restart, which means, to normally boot into MacOS and then force shutdown. Both the internal speaker and the headphone only work after that. More strangely, the headphone only produce noise right after the hard restart, but after a wake up from sleep it works. The internal microphone always works fine.
I have patched my AppleHDA using AppleHDA Patcher v1.7. I also patched my DSDT with HDEF layout-id 3. I have also tried the "reload" method on https://superuser.com/questions/647396/reload-mac-audio-drivers-without-rebooting. But it doesn't work. I don't think it is a good idea to make a hard restart every time I boot into MacOS.
If I use CloverHDA, CloverALC or AppleALC instead, the sound card can't be detected. If I use VoodooHDA, there is only noise even after a hard restart and wake up from sleep.
I have searched Google for a long time and finally found that there seems to be no other people who has the same issue. So does anyone has any idea about it? I have attached my IORegistry in the attachment.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    40.5 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Moved to Laptop Support.

I'm so sorry that I have posted the same post in the "Buying Advice" forum. This is my first time to create a thread so I'm not familiar with it. Could anyone tell me how to delete that post?
I have installed MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 on my Asus UX501JW. I'm using Clover 4035 as bootloader. Everything works fine except that it only has sound after a hard restart, which means, to normally boot into MacOS and then force shutdown. Both the internal speaker and the headphone only work after that. More strangely, the headphone only produce noise right after the hard restart, but after a wake up from sleep it works. The internal microphone always works fine.
I have patched my AppleHDA using AppleHDA Patcher v1.7. I also patched my DSDT with HDEF layout-id 3. I have also tried the "reload" method on https://superuser.com/questions/647396/reload-mac-audio-drivers-without-rebooting. But it doesn't work. I don't think it is a good idea to make a hard restart every time I boot into MacOS.
If I use CloverHDA, CloverALC or AppleALC instead, the sound card can't be detected. If I use VoodooHDA, there is only noise even after a hard restart and wake up from sleep.
I have searched Google for a long time and finally found that there seems to be no other people who has the same issue. So does anyone has any idea about it? I have attached my IORegistry in the attachment.
try setting ResetHDA=true in your config.plist, that can sometimes solve a few issues

I'm so sorry that I have posted the same post in the "Buying Advice" forum. This is my first time to create a thread so I'm not familiar with it. Could anyone tell me how to delete that post?

See FAQ for patched AppleHDA requirements/procedures...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

try setting ResetHDA=true in your config.plist, that can sometimes solve a few issues
Thank you for you reply. But it doesn't work for me...

I have installed aDummyHDA.kext in S/L/E. According to the FAQ I should boot without caches and then rebuild kext cache. But it seems that in 10.12 the system will just ignore such option. So is there any similar option to disable cache temporarily or permanently?

You also need correct ACPI patches, and correct patches for AppleHDA in config.plist.
Boot without caches still does something (just not all that it used to do).

You also need correct ACPI patches, and correct patches for AppleHDA in config.plist.
Boot without caches still does something (just not all that it used to do).
I have installed DSDT Patches and Clover config.plist patches generated by AppleHDA Patcher. I have also installed CodecCommander.kext.
I think the problem is more likely from caches because an unexpected shutdown may damage the cache.

I have installed DSDT Patches and Clover config.plist patches generated by AppleHDA Patcher. I have also installed CodecCommander.kext.
I think the problem is more likely from caches because an unexpected shutdown may damage the cache.

To avoid problems caused by cache instability, you can patch the AppleHDA binary instead of relying on Clover KextsToPatch.

Hello:
I also have a similar configuration of the laptop, install 10.12.4 graphics card can not work, can you share, clover guide EFI folder for me ? thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back