Contribute
Register

ALC3266 (10ec0298) files for AppleHDAPatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to break into the thread but I don't have enough posts to PM you. I was able to patch ALC3266 (10ec0298) using your HDA patching program and just wanted to say thanks! Also, if you want the xml files to add it in, let me know!

Ok, I've finally hit my cry for help moment. How did you patch this and get it to work? I have Realtek ALC3266, I've got the codec dump from Linux, it can see my devices apparently, but no sound (greyed out). Can you take a look?

Attachments

• ALW15R3 Realtek ALC3266 Files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 115
So I've gone through the guides extensively and attacked this problem using all the different ways listed. I'm getting the same result. My latest effort is with your FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext which appears to produce the same result again. Device is apparently detected. Jack sense works when plugging in headphones. But no audio. Interestingly, internal Mic works! I've included all the info I can think of, or is there another place I should post this?

Attachments

• ALW15R3 Realtek ALC3266 Files for help.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 99
So I've gone through the guides extensively and attacked this problem using all the different ways listed. I'm getting the same result. My latest effort is with your FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext which appears to produce the same result again. Device is apparently detected. Jack sense works when plugging in headphones. But no audio. Interestingly, internal Mic works! I've included all the info I can think of, or is there another place I should post this?

CodecCommander.kext is not installed. You probably need it due to EAPD...
See FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm in the same boat, ALC3266 with Alienware 13 R3 and 10.12.5. The best I've been able to get is (using layout-id = 13 and AppleALC) jack sense working, volume control and mic working but no audio. The problem is that if you play something in iTunes for example there will be no progress, it seems that the audio is not being processed and iTunes just wait in position 00:00 for ever. I'm trying with CodecCommander, but the default does not work, trying to understand more about it.

Edit: attached CodecDump from linux

Attachments

• CodecDump.zip
    3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, ALC3266 with Alienware 13 R3 and 10.12.5. The best I've been able to get is (using layout-id = 13 and AppleALC) jack sense working, volume control and mic working but no audio. The problem is that if you play something in iTunes for example there will be no progress, it seems that the audio is not being processed and iTunes just wait in position 00:00 for ever. I'm trying with CodecCommander, but the default does not work, trying to understand more about it.

Edit: attached CodecDump from linux

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No ioreg file attached.
No kextcache output either.
Read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Sorry I missed the part about not using ioreg -l and attaching a .ioreg from 2.2.1. I've attached a full ioreg from 2.2.1 and the full kextstat output, also kextcache -u / both verbose and normal. Thank you!

Attachments

• ioreg_kext.zip
    702.6 KB · Views: 72
Sorry I missed the part about not using ioreg -l and attaching a .ioreg from 2.2.1. I've attached a full ioreg from 2.2.1 and the full kextstat output, also kextcache -u / both verbose and normal. Thank you!

I think the pathmaps are likely not correct for your audio codec.
(Note: still no valid kextcache output... when you get just "lock acquired" you need to run it again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back