Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Lisa
  3. Performa
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,
I have managed (after many hours of agony) to install Mountain Lion on my Asus x401a. I have everything working besides the audio. The codec is Realtek ALC270.

Laptop Specs:

Chipset HM76
i3-2350M
Intel HD 3000
8gb of DDR3 1333mhz
AR9285 Wifi Card

Any help is much appreciated!

I have one question, do I have to patch AppleHDA manually or can I use the AppleHDAPatcher. If so how would I use the program?

You can probably find an AppleHDA already patched or use the AppleHDAPatcher app.

Refer to the links for usage information.

You can probably find an AppleHDA already patched or use the AppleHDAPatcher app.

Refer to the links for usage information.

This isnt related but I thought I might ask, in OSX it only shows 64mb of VRAM, although in my BIOS I have it configured to dedicate 512mb to the integrated graphics. Since Im on a mixed chipset (HD3000 on HM76) I patched my DSDT and now Im running at full resolution, though I cant tell if QE/CI is working properly.

This isnt related but I thought I might ask, in OSX it only shows 64mb of VRAM, although in my BIOS I have it configured to dedicate 512mb to the integrated graphics. Since Im on a mixed chipset (HD3000 on HM76) I patched my DSDT and now Im running at full resolution, though I cant tell if QE/CI is working properly.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

It is likely you deleted the graphics kexts for HD3000.

And you don't want DualLink=1 for 1366x768 (assuming).

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html
I deleted all graphics kexts because they were preventing me from booting into the installer.

EDIT: I restored the HD 3000 kext and nothing has changed.

EDIT 2: I restored AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and there is a strange garbled mess of lines when the system boots, in verbose I can hardly see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back