Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed the codecs and kext from Toleda for Clover and alc1150 audio and all devices showed up properly and were working but the output volume was way too low. With the system volume and my speaker volume turned all the way up it was still a whisper. I would like to be able to use a 5.1 aggregate device so using something like the app "Boom 2" won't work to just boost the volume. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Also I was unable to use audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4.command or the bash script. It starts running fine but then reports a syntax error on line 965 and exits. I had to use 1.0.3.

Update: I was able to fix it by switching on the DAC power for my boards audio and running power directly to it via a 4pin molex and the provided adapter. All works well now.

Update: I still need to explore the EAPD-Codec-Commander because I don't have volume after the system wakes up from sleep.

Hey, I have the same issue (low volume but otherwise working) on an Asus Sabertooth Z97 with ALC1150 running Clover.

slim.jim, could you explain what you mean by
switching on the DAC power for my boards audio and running power directly to it via a 4pin molex and the provided adapter.

What's DAC power?

I've been trying to get CodecCommander to work for a while now, but not having any luck.

I had everything working perfectly in 10.10.1, but then I upgraded to 10.10.2, applied toleda's Realtek_ALC patch, and only got audio from the black Line out plug in the back. Internal speakers didn't show up in Sound preferences at all, and headphones didn't show up or work when connected to the front port.

Then I used the CloverALC patch, and that leaves me with low volume, but all ports show up in system preferences and internal speakers turn to headphones when headphones are plugged into front port.

I have exactly the same problem.
After fresh install of 10.11.1 sound works perfect.

Then I updated to 10.11.2 and volume is really too low.
I've always plugged the "DAC power".

I'm using clover ALC1150 kext that comes with multibeast installation.
I tried the https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC which installed successfully but didn't change anything

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back