i7 4790k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, today I test the function of computer sleep. Well, it wakes from sleep very well. However, I found after waking from sleep, sound disappears. There ALC1150 device (the icon of horn is still in the top bar) is still shown there, but no any sound. Help please.

Dear friend, did you mean [h=2]Codec Commander?[/h]
Tom,

Have you tried the new Multibeast (7.1.1)?

I chose ALC1150 and Audio_ID: 1 and now my audio is working perfectly. I also have the Z97X-UD3H.

Tom,

Have you tried the new Multibeast (7.1.1)?

I chose ALC1150 and Audio_ID: 1 and now my audio is working perfectly. I also have the Z97X-UD3H.

Hi, Flip

Well, prior today, I updated from 10.10 to 10.10.1 and after that I did install driver for ALC1150 with MultiBeast 7.1.1, except the Auido_ID:1 option. And everything worked fine until today I found that sound gone after wake up from sleep.

So I installed the driver for ALC1150 again, and this time, I chose both ALC1150 driver and Auido_ID:1.

Sound works perfectly, except the lose of sound after sleep.

Screenshot below is my audio info:

724661c7gw1en0dyc1cocj20kn0eedhs.jpg

PS: I have two "Intel High Definition Audio". The upper exists before the installing of Audio_ID:1 and the lower turns up after the installing of Audio_ID:1.

Always this temporary method is annoying, but it did fix this issue. But you have to do this again the next time your Mac waking up from sleep.

In terminal, type the two following commands:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

There is an app that you might be able to use. I have a Z97X-UD5H and it works for me. Uses the preferences to automatically reset the AppleHDA kext after sleep. I use it on both Mavericks and Yosemite.
Click here
https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases

Hi! I have same problem :(

Always this temporary method is annoying, but it did fix this issue. But you have to do this again the next time your Mac waking up from sleep.

In terminal, type the two following commands:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

This help to me, but i don't like this method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back