Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 AERO 8G OC
EDIT: New post specifically about solving my ALC 1150 audio after sleep wake issue. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-ga-z170mx-gaming-5-alc-1150-no-audio-after-sleep.238383/

I need some help here. My hardware should be listed right next to my post under my username. I just wanted to know if this was the correct configuration for Multibeast with my hardware:

PHOTO ATTACHED

I'm not sure if I need all that or if it's even optimal. I'm just going with what I know worked from Sierra but even then I got it from the forums without trying less / more options on my own.

Also, I think I need CodecCommander so audio survives sleep but it's not working the same as it did on Sierra. Normally I edit the info.plist, drop in the ALC1150 edits I found in the forums, drop the kext in Kext Utility and run the command in Terminal having to do with hda-verb then all was good. Now I can't get past Kext Utility because when I tried it ran for 5 seconds, my screen went black, my computer rebooted and my entire installation was FUBAR / unrecoverable. Some people say KextBeast is the way to go but I've never gotten it to work ever. It's not as intuitive as Kext Utility IMHO.

Thanks in advance for the help! Let me know if you need any additional information. I'm starting from scratch again so the only installation I have is my old CCCed Sierra on an external drive.

Attachments

• IMG_20171117_032432415.jpg
    IMG_20171117_032432415.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 302
Last edited:
I'm starting from scratch again so the only installation I have is my old CCCed Sierra on an external drive.
I'm starting from scratch again so the only installation I have is my old CCCed Sierra on an external drive.

I am little confused when I read the above.
  • Does this mean you are trying to do an upgrade installation of your CCCed macOS Sierra to a macOS High Sierra?
  • Are you trying to do a fresh installation on the original Sierra System disk "from scratch" by reformatting the disk using a High Sierra USB installer?
  • What type of External Drive are you trying to Install High Sierra on?
    • eSATA?
    • SATA disk connected via SATA to USB adapter?
  • Please upload images to this Forum using the [Upload a File] just below this message box.
    • This Forum has everything you need to properly post and get help:)

I am little confused when I read the above.
  • Does this mean you are trying to do an upgrade installation of your CCCed macOS Sierra to a macOS High Sierra? No.
  • Are you trying to do a fresh installation on the original Sierra System disk "from scratch" by reformatting the disk using a High Sierra USB installer? No.
  • What type of External Drive are you trying to Install High Sierra on? I'm not.
    • eSATA? X
    • SATA disk connected via SATA to USB adapter? X
  • Please upload images to this Forum using the [Upload a File] just below this message box.
    • This Forum has everything you need to properly post and get help:)

Questions above answered in bold. I only mentioned my CCCed backup if I needed a working environment to implement any solutions that may be presented. I'm doing a fresh install on a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB NVMe drive that I plan on dual-booting with Windows 10. I'll edit the post above and upload the image.

Questions above answered in bold. I only mentioned my CCCed backup if I needed a working environment to implement any solutions that may be presented. I'm doing a fresh install on a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB NVMe drive that I plan on dual-booting with Windows 10. I'll edit the post above and upload the image.
Thank you for the clarification.
  • If you are doing a Dual boot Hack High Sierra and Windows 10, I presume you are using two separate Hard disks instead of sharing the same 256GB NVMe.
    • Two separate Disks are better in my opinion.
      • If any major hazard happens to the Disk, you won't lose 2 systems and contained personal files in a single strike!

Thank you for the clarification.
  • If you are doing a Dual boot Hack High Sierra and Windows 10, I presume you are using two separate Hard disks instead of sharing the same 256GB NVMe.
    • Two separate Disks are better in my opinion.
      • If any major hazard happens to the Disk, you won't lose 2 systems and contained personal files in a single strike!

No, I'm using the same drive for both. That's what I want and that's what works for me. Once I get everything configured I can backup the whole thing as it is and have no worry of losing everything. I've been doing it that way for years with different combinations of OSes.

Are you familiar with my issues that I asked about? I ask because when people who could otherwise help see a post that has been replied to multiple times they skip past it because they think someone is already on the case. I don't want to seem rude but if you don't have any advice particular to my actual issues, I would appreciate it if you left it to those that can help. Thank you.

No, I'm using the same drive for both. That's what I want and that's what works for me. Once I get everything configured I can backup the whole thing as it is and have no worry of losing everything. I've been doing it that way for years with different combinations of OSes.

Are you familiar with my issues that I asked about? I ask because when people who could otherwise help see a post that has been replied to multiple times they skip past it because they think someone is already on the case. I don't want to seem rude but if you don't have any advice particular to my actual issues, I would appreciate it if you left it to those that can help. Thank you.

When very clearly and unambiguously posted, I can understand most issues. When in doubt, I ask for clarification.

I suggest opinions which can be accepted or rejected at poster's discretion.

I believe the questions and answers are not only to help a single poster but through that others who read theses pages and never post anything .

I have seen the Moderators intervening when they see a wrong advice is given, usually inadvertently by those who want to help, and they respond appropriately to guide the OP in the right direction.

When I make a mistake, I own up and correct my answers ASAP.

• Your uploaded Screen Capture image of Multibeast Clover UEFI and Kexts+Graphics+System Definition choices look OK to me for the Hardware listed for Mac High Sierra Installation.
  • Recently I have seen in the Forum posts of instances of some who have used the Multibeast to install Clover ,kexts etc unable to boot after that.
    • In some of those I had helped to troubleshoot, the CLOVER/kexts had problems
      • There were numbered folders 10.6 to 10.13 in /CLOVER/kexts and they were empty
      • The "Other" Folder too was found empty.
    • If you have problem after using MBeast , this is an area that might be a problem
    • Rehabman's codec commander released 2017-05-01 has worked OK for me
    • Both the latest kext Utility and Kext Wizard have worked well in all my Hackintosh High Sierra: older version of KU may not work in HS.

"Your uploaded Screen Capture image of Multibeast Clover UEFI and Kexts+Graphics+System Definition choices look OK to me for the Hardware listed for Mac High Sierra Installation."

That solves my primary issue unless another user comes by with contrary information. I figured it was right.

"Rehabman's codec commander released 2017-05-01 has worked OK for me"

How exactly did you configure and install it? I used the latest KU and the installation barely started before my computer black screened and rebooted. All I did was overwrite a segment pertaining to ALC 1150 and then drop the kext into KU. 5 seconds later my entire macOS install was borked. Is there a setting I missed? Do I have to run the hda-verb command into the Terminal before I drop the kext into KU instead of after? Do I need to set anything in Clover prior to installing CodecCommander like darkwake 8? I need very specific details because everything was running PERFECTLY other than audio after sleep until I tried to install CodecCommander with KU. Thanks.

"Your uploaded Screen Capture image of Multibeast Clover UEFI and Kexts+Graphics+System Definition choices look OK to me for the Hardware listed for Mac High Sierra Installation."

That solves my primary issue unless another user comes by with contrary information. I figured it was right.

"Rehabman's codec commander released 2017-05-01 has worked OK for me"

How exactly did you configure and install it? I used the latest KU and the installation barely started before my computer black screened and rebooted. All I did was overwrite a segment pertaining to ALC 1150 and then drop the kext into KU. 5 seconds later my entire macOS install was borked. Is there a setting I missed? Do I have to run the hda-verb command into the Terminal before I drop the kext into KU instead of after? Do I need to set anything in Clover prior to installing CodecCommander like darkwake 8? I need very specific details because everything was running PERFECTLY other than audio after sleep until I tried to install CodecCommander with KU. Thanks.

I haven't installed Codec Commander kext in the same System Board and CPU you have. As you can see in the uploaded image, I had no problem of a crash like you had described when installing CC using KU in a different Hardware in HS.

For your specific Audio issue, why don't you post in Post Install Audio https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/audio.14/ where Audio Guru , Toleda himself can help you.

Attachments

• CC install in KU .png
    CC install in KU .png
    41.5 KB · Views: 171
So, I did another completely fresh install and tried it again but the same thing happened. I open the CC kext, edit the plist with the ALC 1150 configuration found here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sleep-on-alc-1150-codeccommander-kext.197498/

...then I opened KU, let it do it's initial thing, drop the CC kext in the KU window and immediate black screen / OS crash. Upon reboot I get the circle with a slash and no way to repair. I don't get it. Worked exactly that way in Sierra so either I'm making the wrong edits, using the wrong kext installer, using the wrong version of CC or I'm using the complete wrong method altogether. I'm out of ideas. I guess I'll ask in the forums section you suggest and hope for the best. Once I make the post, I'll edit the OP with the link should I ever find a solution.

Toleda had no idea what was going on either so I'm done. It just plain doesn't work anymore. Either CodecCommander needs an update or the edits I used to use on Sierra no longer work. I give up. I'm erasing my NVMe drive and starting fresh again. I'll just live with restarting my computer if it falls asleep. Hopefully someone with the same motherboard will post a solution eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back