CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used to be able to install a ALC 892 kext from MultiBeast post install and I had audio. I tried that and I don't see any output options in Sound.

I tried to install audio_CloverALC, but I get a rather cryptic message:

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0q10
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed
I have no idea what the error message means. I also have no idea what these Requirements listed on audio_cloverALC are. I mean, I opened my config.plist file - but what does 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.3 mean?
  1. Boot Flags/Boot failure may result if ignored
    1. 10.11+/Disable SIP/set, restart, install, enable SIP, restart
      1. CLOVER/config.plist/
        1. ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (all or remove)
        2. RtVariables/BooterConfig/0x28
        3. RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig/0x3
    2. 10.10+/Allow unsigned kexts/set, restart, install
      1. Clover/config.plist
        1. ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (all or remove)
        2. Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1
  2. Native AppleHDA.kext
  3. Audio codec? See Tools 4.

Once upon a time, I found this to be a helpful community - I have been using Tonymac for at least 5-years. All my last several posts (over the last year or two) have gone largely ignored.

In addition, it seems like with Clover, this platform has gotten much more difficult to get fully working than it has in the past. The sticky audio posts are extremely terse and as if written in a different language. Its not that I am not technically inept either; I have been a lifelong professional Mac/Unix system administrator and Mac/iOS software engineer. It really makes me want to look into alternative OSX 86 installations.

I have decided to just buy a USB audio adapter instead of risk ruining my installation.

I only mention this feedback in hopes it might be helpful to Tonymac.

Discouraging to see this, 3DTOPO. I'm having exactly the same issue and have been stuck for a week trying to get a successful audio driver installed. I've tried to follow the instructions on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143752/#post886726.

So far without success.

With 247 pages of posts on that thread, there's an awful lot to look through to find a solve for this specific situation. It would be most helpful if my search for a thread on my specific hardware and problem (which seems the same as yours) turned up solutions, as seemed more likely 2 years ago when I built my first Hackintosh.

Were you successful, ultimately?

I will return and post here if I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back