Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspirion 3542 + Clover 2.3k rev 3766
CPU
Intel Core i7-4510U
Graphics
Intel HD4400 + NVIDIA GeForce 840M
I have recently installed Sierra in my desktop pc. My audio codec is ALC892. The following issue is a little wierd. When I start a Skype call the front mic stops working after while (system preferences -> sound -> input -> input level bar is not moving). I have to unplug it and plug it in order to make it work but it will stop working for a second time a minute later. If the mic is plugged in without making a Skype call, it won't stop working. Any ideas what's the cause?

I have recently installed Sierra in my desktop pc. My audio codec is ALC892. The following issue is a little wierd. When I start a Skype call the front mic stops working after while (system preferences -> sound -> input -> input level bar is not moving). I have to unplug it and plug it in order to make it work but it will stop working for a second time a minute later. If the mic is plugged in without making a Skype call, it won't stop working. Any ideas what's the cause?
im having the same problem on sierra. i tried using realtek ALC887 which is what my motherboard uses(asus h110m-a), tried applehda, tried voodoo(application would never open, files were bad upon every download), tried downloading from both chrome and multibeast. i can connect my bluetooth earbuds, set the audio output to my speakers(which work fine), and set the mic input to my earbuds and it works, but my audio technica atr20 doesnt move the input bar at all. tried both rear pink and front pink, neither work. but when i blow into the mic i can hear the sound come out of the speakers even tho the input bar doesnt move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back