Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p-Clover
CPU
i5-3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have found that AirportBrcmFixup causes a kernel panic on boot. However, it looks like the issue has been pushed to the source but has not been complied into a kext yet. Does anyone know how to compile kexts with Xcode, because I have looked everywhere but I have not been successful.

I have a same issue. I know that AirportBrcmFixup is a Lilu plugin and work with clover injection when I installed AirportBrcmFixup to /L/E then kernel panic issue is occurred
still didn't fix ver 2.0.2 by source I m waiting

I have the same issue. I'm currently using FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in Catalina.

The kexts should be officially updated within next week, here are the release builds that i built from source that are supported on Catalina without -lilubeta or -lilubetaall

No issues and no Kernel Panics on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or /Library/Extensions (which is the correct way).

Report back with results.

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,171
  • AppleALC.kext.zip
    912.6 KB · Views: 722
  • BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 846
  • Lilu.kext.zip
    57.4 KB · Views: 679
  • VirtualSMC.zip
    652 KB · Views: 670
  • WhateverGreen.zip
    192.5 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:
I complied All Lilu plugin from source using terminal on Mojave 10.14.5 with Xcode 10.2.1 but only one plugin kernel issue that is AirportBrcmfxup.kext when I install to /L/E
did you compiled AirportBrcmfxup.kext with Xcode 11 beta using Catalina 10.15?

I complied All Lilu plugin from source using terminal on Mojave 10.14.5 with Xcode 10.2.1 but only one plugin kernel issue that is AirportBrcmfxup.kext when I install to /L/E
did you compiled AirportBrcmfxup.kext with Xcode 11 beta using Catalina 10.15?
I don't use terminal scripts, i build them from source using Xcode.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 & latest Xcode.

No issues on any of my laptops with macOS Catalina using AirportBrcmFixup.kext that i built from source (as expected) since they clearly documented that they added support.

It may be possible that you have different issue with your setup that may be causing conflict with it.

I experienced when AirportBrcmFixup.kext connect with AirPortBrcm4360.kext then doesn't kernel panic if you driver connect AirPortBrcmNIC.kext then you face kernel panic I think you are using Apple BCM94360CS2 adapter who direct connect with AirPortBrcm4360.kext and check your IORegistryExplorer
I m using bcm94352z Dell 1560 when I install AirportBrcmFixup.kext to /L/E which connect automatically with AirPortBrcmNIC.kext therefor I face kernel panic

Thanks man. Now, I removed --lilubebetaall
Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 19.25.01.pngScreenshot 2019-06-25 at 19.26.09.png

I experienced when AirportBrcmFixup.kext connect with AirPortBrcm4360.kext then doesn't kernel panic if you driver connect AirPortBrcmNIC.kext then you face kernel panic I think you are using Apple BCM94360CS2 adapter who direct connect with AirPortBrcm4360.kext and check your IORegistryExplorer
I m using bcm94352z Dell 1560 when I install AirportBrcmFixup.kext to /L/E which connect automatically with AirPortBrcmNIC.kext therefor I face kernel panic
I have Dell DW1560 BCM94352Z, AzureWave AW-CE123H BCM94352HMB and BCM94360CS2 (which is the one i currently use on my Lenovo V330-15IKB).

if you have that specific issue then this is something that you should report the issue to the developer.
However, even without that, developer had a solution for your case even without updating the kext, in case you missed or didn't read the documentation, you would've seen the boot-arg that solves your problem that i highlighted with red:

Boot-args
  • brcmfx-country=XX changes the country code to XX (US, CN, #a, ...)
  • -brcmfxdbg turns on debugging output
  • -brcmfxbeta enables loading on unsupported osx
  • -brcmfxoff disables kext loading
  • wl_msg_level=0xXXXX & wl_msg_level2=0xXXXX set log level for native network kexts
  • -brcmfxwowl enables WOWL (WoWLAN) - it is disabled by default
  • option brcmfx-country also can be injected via DSDT or AddProperties/Arbitrary in Clover
  • brcmfx-driver=0|1|2|3 enables only one kext for loading, 0 - AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG, 1 - AirPortBrcm4360, 2 - AirPortBrcmNIC, 3 - AirPortBrcm4331
Or you can simply inject a fakeID that attaches to AirPortBrcm4360 instead of AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG and your issues should be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back