Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AirportBrcmFixup - kernel panic on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because of new changes in Catalina.
You can download the script to somewhere else. For example, replace /usr/bin/gen_debug with ~/gen_debug to put it in your home folder.
this worked great. thanks

The kexts should be officially updated within next week, here are the release builds that i built from source that are supported on Catalina without -lilubeta or -lilubetaall

No issues and no Kernel Panics on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or /Library/Extensions (which is the correct way).

Report back with results.
Thank you Man! You saved my Catalina build! :headbang:

I was trying for two days without success, once I use your up to date kexts, it worked flawlessly!

I have an Aorus Pro Z390/i9 9900k/UHD630/32gb Vengeance for iOS programming.

I have Dell DW1560 BCM94352Z, AzureWave AW-CE123H BCM94352HMB and BCM94360CS2 (which is the one i currently use on my Lenovo V330-15IKB).

if you have that specific issue then this is something that you should report the issue to the developer.
However, even without that, developer had a solution for your case even without updating the kext, in case you missed or didn't read the documentation, you would've seen the boot-arg that solves your problem that i highlighted with red:

Boot-args
  • brcmfx-country=XX changes the country code to XX (US, CN, #a, ...)
  • -brcmfxdbg turns on debugging output
  • -brcmfxbeta enables loading on unsupported osx
  • -brcmfxoff disables kext loading
  • wl_msg_level=0xXXXX & wl_msg_level2=0xXXXX set log level for native network kexts
  • -brcmfxwowl enables WOWL (WoWLAN) - it is disabled by default
  • option brcmfx-country also can be injected via DSDT or AddProperties/Arbitrary in Clover
  • brcmfx-driver=0|1|2|3 enables only one kext for loading, 0 - AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG, 1 - AirPortBrcm4360, 2 - AirPortBrcmNIC, 3 - AirPortBrcm4331
Or you can simply inject a fakeID that attaches to AirPortBrcm4360 instead of AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG and your issues should be solved.
Using your posted updated kexts, and above red boot argument, still stuck at installing Catalina upgrade from Mojave.
Any idea, please?

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back