330m
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

Maybe someone could help me get started troubleshooting this issue I have. After a fresh bot of all devices involved, AirPlay works just fine. However, it stops working after "a while", even when I was streaming songs over AirPlay. Since I built the hackintosh as a replacement for my core single Mac mini, which never had the ussue, I am suspecting a networking issue. The Mac mini was in exactly te same networking config.

The system:
Current airport extreme (wireless N dual) connected va Ethernet.
Old airport express (wifi G) connected to speakers ( as network client, not extending)
Hackintosh: 3225, b75m-d3p, 10.8.2,optimized applehda for optical encoded output

If I restart the extreme, I get AirPlay back in iTunes.
When I was or king on the applehda, I had seen the AirPlay source as destination in sound control panel and audio/midi util. Now I don't. Even so AirPlay works after restarting everything.
I had searched for similar issues, but all I found was AirPlay not working at all.
Any suggestions?
No

Been fidgeting with any settings I could find and increasing the multicast rate for the airport extreme. Had to use airport utility 5.6 to do it, since 6.x appears to no longer allow changing the multicast rate. Weird, but works for me so far.

OK, that was a fluke. Still gone. Anybody out there have any suggestions?

I'm seeing similar things.

Gigabyte H77N-WIFI, i3-3245, ethernet hard-wired, with Apple TV on WiFi.

Watching an avi file with VLC. Clicked on the Airplay icon in the tray at the top of the screen, and VLC crashed. Airplay icon is gone, but still available (and working) for audio in VLC.

Anyone got theirs working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back