Contribute
Register

AIRPLAY MIRRORING NOT WORKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
try changing your system definition to iMac 12,2 and enabling your internal graphics card (HD4000 if you have i3,i5,i7etc) as 'always on' in your bios. I did both of these and it is now working on my hack even using the AMD Radeon 6870 i have installed.

This isn't working here, with a 6850 installed on an i5-2500k with the integrated set to Always On.

EDIT: Got it working, you must set the Init First settings in the BIOS to the Integrated chip. Then, you lose visuals until you actually hit the desktop, which is going to make booting between OS's difficult, and changing BIOS settings a PITA. Other than that, its working correctly, though now my 889 sound takes 2-3 seconds to kick in whenever I attempt to use it if I haven't played audio in the last minute or so, making alert sounds useless (by the time the sound has kicked on, the sound has played already.)

EDIT2: Scratch that, the icon appears, my AppleTV is listed, but when I select it, the TV goes black, the Airplay icon in OS X turns blue for about 30 seconds, then it cuts itself off. No mirroring at all.

LAST EDIT I HOPE: After a reboot or two, it works correctly. I get mirroring and audio working as advertised, but I've still got the audio cutting out issue, along with the fact that I can't do anything with my machine until I get to the desktop. I'm thinking I'll hook up my display's VGA port to the on-board and just switch like that.

This isn't working here, with a 6850 installed on an i5-2500k with the integrated set to Always On.

EDIT: Got it working, you must set the Init First settings in the BIOS to the Integrated chip. Then, you lose visuals until you actually hit the desktop, which is going to make booting between OS's difficult, and changing BIOS settings a PITA. Other than that, its working correctly, though now my 889 sound takes 2-3 seconds to kick in whenever I attempt to use it if I haven't played audio in the last minute or so, making alert sounds useless (by the time the sound has kicked on, the sound has played already.)

EDIT2: Scratch that, the icon appears, my AppleTV is listed, but when I select it, the TV goes black, the Airplay icon in OS X turns blue for about 30 seconds, then it cuts itself off. No mirroring at all.

LAST EDIT I HOPE: After a reboot or two, it works correctly. I get mirroring and audio working as advertised, but I've still got the audio cutting out issue, along with the fact that I can't do anything with my machine until I get to the desktop. I'm thinking I'll hook up my display's VGA port to the on-board and just switch like that.

dude you have no idea how much props i want to give you helped me out 100% thanks

dude you have no idea how much props i want to give you helped me out 100% thanks

Glad I could help at someone else out through my tinkering & trial and error. :)

what system definition are you using? i can't seem to get my appletv to show up following your method of attack.

i'm running the monitor hooked up the dvi port for the onboard with a mac mini 5,1 system definition. init first in bios set to onboard. no luck here.

any ideas?

EDIT: i am getting the airplay mirroring option to show up under display preferences, but it's saying 'no devices detected' does the appletv firmware have to be the latest (5.0.1)? my appletv2's firmware is still on 4.4.4 because i am running it jailbroken with plex.

if the airplay mirroring doesn't work on the computer's end, does the airplay mirroring option even show up with the "no devices detected"?

what system definition are you using? i can't seem to get my appletv to show up following your method of attack.

i'm running the monitor hooked up the dvi port for the onboard with a mac mini 5,1 system definition. init first in bios set to onboard. no luck here.

any ideas?

EDIT: i am getting the airplay mirroring option to show up under display preferences, but it's saying 'no devices detected' does the appletv firmware have to be the latest (5.0.1)? my appletv2's firmware is still on 4.4.4 because i am running it jailbroken with plex.

if the airplay mirroring doesn't work on the computer's end, does the airplay mirroring option even show up with the "no devices detected"?

You answered you own question already. Yes you need to update the Apple TV to the latest version to get It to show in ML mirroring.

Thank to all you guys i FInally got i t working!!

ou have to ALWAYS ENABLE onboard GPU and it must be THE FIRST VGA to connect, (sadly you can't see nothing ntil the desktop appear)

I have a fully working Mirroring, didn't test the sound yet

any ideas?

Ehy M8 i Have the AppleTv 2 with the latest 5 firmware, you can jaylbreak any firmware atm if you don't have a AppleTv3
so what are you fear about?

thanxxx to all!!

This is my setup but the mirroring option is not there

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.49 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1D

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6870
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6738
Revision ID: 0x0000

@ReneKnaake

Yep, realized it after I posted. Thanks for confirming though!

@gino8080
the latest appletv firmware does not play nice with the plex appletv2 client. since plex is mainly what i use my atv2 for i didn't want to sacrifice its functionality by updating. but it looks like the plex team has currently paused any active development on the atv2 side project. i can only hope that this means they are preparing a legit client for the atv when apple opens it to 3rd party apps ::FINGERS CROSSED::

currently, i followed senseotech's early advice and adjusted my bios settings to have onboard video boot automatically. i am faced with a black screen until the desktop appears, but with an ssd it's only ~6seconds and it's not the end of the world to have to reach down and change the dvi to the mobo port if i need to fiddle with something.

This is my setup but the mirroring option is not there

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.49 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1D

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6870
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6738
Revision ID: 0x0000

Have you read the thread? There are instructions on what to do to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back