Contribute
Register

AIRPLAY MIRRORING NOT WORKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest Mac mini specs have HD 3000. I guess it will/ should support Mac mini.

i use iMac 12,2 (27 inch-mid 2011) definition but still cant use airplay. was it because i dont have wifi?

Airplay will not work unless you have a CPU with an integrated GPU (either HD3000 or HD4000) because Airplay leverages the Intel Quick Sync technology. So, those of us with older chips are left out. This is the same reason that many Mac's (even those just a over a year old, and the newest MacPro models) do not have this feature. It isn't apple choosing to leave older computers in the dark and force people to purchase new computers (like they do with iOS features).

Will it work on a 2105 sandy bridge

I have a customac with HD3000 graphics but I put a graphic card as I was having video artifacts with HD 3000

Now the only reason for me to update will be AirPlay.

Trying to find out if I need to remove the video card or leave it in

Regards

Shitanshu

Airplay Mirroring

I have all the requirements for airplay mirroring I even have the icon and the choice for apple tv (which is the latest one) but i select it and nothing happens

Any thoughts?

GA-Z77X-UD5H
i5 3570K
Intel HD 4000

try changing your system definition to iMac 12,2 and enabling your internal graphics card (HD4000 if you have i3,i5,i7etc) as 'always on' in your bios. I did both of these and it is now working on my hack even using the AMD Radeon 6870 i have installed.

Looking at the system specs for Mid-2011 and later iMacs, they lack integrated graphics chips, so the HD3000/HD4000 shouldn't be a requirement. I'm betting its more to do with something related to CPU detection.

Looking at the system specs for Mid-2011 and later iMacs, they lack integrated graphics chips, so the HD3000/HD4000 shouldn't be a requirement. I'm betting its more to do with something related to CPU detection.

They have both Intel HD 3000 AND a mobile GPU.

They have both Intel HD 3000 AND a mobile GPU.

According to whom? I've looked at several sources, Apple.com included, and these iMacs only have AMD-based GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back