Contribute
Register

Airplay Mirroring Kinda Works. Any Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried to start my airplay from my hackintosh using my 740GT as well as my internal graphics hd4600. I see the airplay icon in my task bar, but when I select mirroring for my apple tv, my tv just turns to a black screen and never displays the video on my computer. Are there any settings that i'm missing? Does my 740GT need to be removed from the computer when using the hd4600 graphics?

Just an idea for the video file that you are trying to stream. Is it an Apple product or something that you have ripped yourself? Most of the time iTunes products will not work on a hackintosh. SO I would check to see if the movie will work just on your monitor, and if yes, then I am sorry that I can't be more help.

I can't get the airplay to come up at all on my machine.

Currently I'm just trying to get my desktop to appear. Eventually i'm trying to stream XBMC from my hackintosh to my apple tv.

oh well then I will stay here and watch and hope that other smarter people come in and can save the day. Happy hacking. :)

Are you sure that your 4600 has full QE/CI and your nVidia card is working properly? If it is, it probably is an internet issue, as using AirPlay should be pretty simple to enable...

I can airplay a music video that I have through iTunes perfectly fine. I just can't seem to mirror my desktop. I also just tried to download the free trial version of Airparrot and when I click to open it nothing happens. The icon in the menu bar doesn't appear. I downloaded Airparrot for my macbook (late 2008 aluminum model) in which airplay is not supported and shows the icon in the menu bar. I believe my nvida card is working properly, no other issues with it. I have no idea what QE/CI is or how to check or change it.

So after reading about QE/CI i'm sure it's enabled. I'm able to do the things listed on the tonymacx86 tutorial page. I can open a safari tab smoothly. My launch pad apps jiggle when holding down alt. and my menu bar is translucent.

my GraphicsEnabler is set to No and my IGPEnabler is set to Yes. When I set my IGPEnabler to No it boots from my nvidia card and no Airplay icon appears. I've tried to change my Bios to IGFX instead of PCI and I get airplay icon but no desktop mirroring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back