Graphics
RX 580
Hi there,

I have a SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 where I have the following configuration

Core i7 9700
dGPU + iGPU
MSI Armor RX 580 8GB
Asus PRIME Z390-M PLUS

I have everything working except for mirroring, and of course, sidecar.

Airplay Video works fine and DRM also works fine.
The only thing that isn't working is Airplay Mirror.

Do you have any thoughts that could help?

The iMacPro doesn't have an IGPU, so maybe you should disable the IGPU in your system to better match what macOS expects to find when it comes across an iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

Do you have the FeatureUnlock.kext installed in your /OC/Kexts folder and with a corresponding entry enabling the kext in your config.plist?

Adding the latest version of this kext should enable SideCar and AirPlay to Mac on your hack. Assuming you are using an Apple device that enables these features. Screenshots showing the system requirements for the two features are attached below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 20.15.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 20.15.06.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 20.15.48.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 20.15.48.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 114
Thank you so much for your suggestion, but I'm still stuck with black video output.
The feature is present and enabled. The FeatureUnlock.kext didn't impact.
I can activate the feature, only the output video of the mirroring stays black.

I already tried deactivating the iGPU, but it stays the same.

Here goes my config.plist if you want to take a look at it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.5 KB · Views: 60
  1. What device are you trying to mirror - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch?
  2. Model number of device?
  3. iOS version on device?
  4. Which version of MacOS Monterey are you using on your hack?
Assumption is the system you are trying to mirror to, is the one shown in your user profile, that's correct yes?

1. What device are you trying to mirror - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch?
  2. Model number of device?
  3. iOS version on device?
  4. Which version of MacOS Monterey are you using on your hack?
Assumption is the system you are trying to mirror to, is the one shown in your user profile, that's correct yes?
I'm trying to mirror my system on an Apple TV 4K.
I'm on Monterey 12.4
My system is the one on the profile.
Motherboard: Z390M-PLUS
CPU: I7-9700
Graphics: RX 580
SMBiOS: iMacPro1,1

What seems really odd is the fact that I can airplay any video on my Hackintosh to my Apple TV, and when I try to mirror my Hackintosh screen to the Apple TV it gets all black. Same thing when I try sidecar to my iPad.

I've got a Mac mini 2018 and both mirror to the Apple TV and sidecar to iPad work just fine.

I assume as you can Mirror to the Apple TV from your Mac mini, that you have enabled your Apple TV to accept mirroring from your iMacPro (Hack). That both devices are using the same network. I don't think they have to be using the same Apple ID.

Is your Apple TV running TVos 15 or TVos 15.1? TVos 15 is known to have this black screen issue. The update is supposed to fix this issue, according to a few posts over on the Apple Community forum.

One temp solution offered on the AC forum - You have to turn mirroring off and on several times to make it work. But I am sure you tried that.

Can someone actually AirPlay mirror to ATV from an iMac Pro SMBIOS hack? I get a black screen. I can Airplay mirror directly to my Samsung TV without problems.

Can someone actually AirPlay mirror to ATV from an iMac Pro SMBIOS hack? I get a black screen. I can Airplay mirror directly to my Samsung TV without problems.
Have you solved this problem?

Ladies and gentlemen, let me apologize first! I come from Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, and my English is not good.
I encountered the same problem. Monterey 12.6.5, SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 have both tried and mirrored to ATV 6th black screen, but we have been unable to find a solution. Please feel free to give us your advice. thank!

Ladies and gentlemen, let me apologize first! I come from Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, and my English is not good.
I encountered the same problem. Monterey 12.6.5, SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 have both tried and mirrored to ATV 6th black screen, but we have been unable to find a solution. Please feel free to give us your advice. thank!

Try using iMac18,1 and enable IGPU.

Back