Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Background: I created a hackintosh this last November, except I never fully completed it because I bought an MSI motherboard, which isn't compatible for ethernet/sound drivers. This last month I had some extra time, and I bought a USB sound card and a compatible PCIE wifi card. There is a known issue with hackintosh's and verifying iTunes accounts. There is a step in the verification process that causes an error on hackintosh's. It is an issue with the ethernet card, where it has to be registered as en0. Most hackintosh systems have their ethernet cards on en1, and they have to change them to en0 before they work, but no ethernet card shows up for me. I am currently running 10.9.1. At this point I don't believe it is a hardware issue, more a "lack of hardware" issue, but if anyone here thinks it would be useful to post my build, I can.

My question: Is there a way to solve this issue? Can i somehow trick my system into thinking there is an ethernet card so I can set it to en0? Am I stuck without iMessage or Airplay? I know this is a really specific question, so any help is appreciated.

Best,
Matt

Hi all,

Background: I created a hackintosh this last November, except I never fully completed it because I bought an MSI motherboard, which isn't compatible for ethernet/sound drivers. This last month I had some extra time, and I bought a USB sound card and a compatible PCIE wifi card. There is a known issue with hackintosh's and verifying iTunes accounts. There is a step in the verification process that causes an error on hackintosh's. It is an issue with the ethernet card, where it has to be registered as en0. Most hackintosh systems have their ethernet cards on en1, and they have to change them to en0 before they work, but no ethernet card shows up for me. I am currently running 10.9.1. At this point I don't believe it is a hardware issue, more a "lack of hardware" issue, but if anyone here thinks it would be useful to post my build, I can.

My question: Is there a way to solve this issue? Can i somehow trick my system into thinking there is an ethernet card so I can set it to en0? Am I stuck without iMessage or Airplay? I know this is a really specific question, so any help is appreciated.

Best,
Matt
As long as your wifi card shows as built in in DPCImanager there shouldn't be a problem as apple doesn't require an ethernet port. Don't believe me then have a look at a macbook air and see if you can find a ethernet port on it. Now with that being said it does help with the setup proccess to have a working ethernet port. It would be beneficial for you and the tonymacx86 community for you to post your build hardware and please be specific. You need to make sure you followed jay monkeys guide for fixing iMessage even though you don't have a working ethernet card the fix should still work for you, giving you used the unibeast/multibeast approach to install. However there have have been many people still having issues with iMessages on their hacks, that is by far the hardest app to get working. Without a working ethernet port you will more than likely need a smbios(system definitions) that claims to be a macbook air or you may never get it to work. One time i used a unibeast drive that had the laptop support option ticked and if always installed my system as a macbook pro and i almost never got it to work i had to reinstall with a fresh unibeast drive without the laptop support ticked to get it to work. The main thing with iMessages is to be persistant and patient keep trying thing until you get it.

Now as far as the airplay is concerned that also involves having the right smbios(system definition) if you use the default multi beast setting of mac pro 6,1 it will never work on the mac pro it have to be a 2013 model or later to work and on most of the others it has to be a 2011 or new system definition. But be warned that changing the smbios can cause some boot up problems. If this happens to you and you can't get it to boot up use the boot flag smbios=null to get it to boot up and make your next trial and error move.
Best of Luck
Carpentry
Happy Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back