Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Now that I finally have my system up and running on 12.3, I'm getting greedy. Is there any trick to enable Airdrop using my Z490 I Aorus Ultra's built-in WiFi/Bluetooth? That's the only thing that's missing, and while I know I can email files to myself, I really enjoyed the ease of Airdrop. Probably asking for the moon, but I thought I'd try.

Now that I finally have my system up and running on 12.3, I'm getting greedy. Is there any trick to enable Airdrop using my Z490 I Aorus Ultra's built-in WiFi/Bluetooth? That's the only thing that's missing, and while I know I can email files to myself, I really enjoyed the ease of Airdrop. Probably asking for the moon, but I thought I'd try.
apparently Airportltlwm kext should work

Didn't think so. Thanks!
different reports about what does and doesn't

use something native like the BCM94360NG, have that in my laptop, Handoff/Continuity/instant hotspot and apple unlock works great

no kexts required either

different reports about what does and doesn't

use something native like the BCM94360NG, have that in my laptop, Handoff/Continuity/instant hotspot and apple unlock works great

no kexts required either
I appreciate it... I had a Broadcom in my old rig before I had to rebuild, but the M.2 adapter wouldn't fit in my new MB's slot. I'll get around to getting a new one... I was just so traumatized by the 12.3 update fiasco that I just want to let the system work for awhile before I go monkeying around with it again, LOL!

I appreciate it... I had a Broadcom in my old rig before I had to rebuild, but the M.2 adapter wouldn't fit in my new MB's slot. I'll get around to getting a new one... I was just so traumatized by the 12.3 update fiasco that I just want to let the system work for awhile before I go monkeying around with it again, LOL!
maybe a pci-e adaptor?

I have used this:
ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 Combo Card For Hackintosh (MAC OS X) Airport Computers, Supports Hands-off

you have have to hunt around though

The 94360CS2 is actually the card that I have... it's just that he adapter, I think it's called NGFF, didn't fit in the new MB. But I can look around for either a new M.2 adapter or PCI-E.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back