Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960
Hey folks,

i hope this one is the right forum for asking and also that no one already answered this question (if so i didn't searched well enough):

Is there a way to use airdrop without installed wifi-adapter/wifi-network? Or do you have to install even for an "ethernet-airdrop" a wifi-adapter?

Thanks in advance!
Zeev

You can Airdrop over Ethernet to any other computers physically connected to the same network but what would be the point as they can already file share ?

If you want to Airdrop to devices that are not physically connected to the network there must be a transport mechanism to enable it. How do you expect the signal to jump from the Ethernet to a non connected device ?

Hey folks,

i hope this one is the right forum for asking and also that no one already answered this question (if so i didn't searched well enough):

Is there a way to use airdrop without installed wifi-adapter/wifi-network? Or do you have to install even for an "ethernet-airdrop" a wifi-adapter?

Thanks in advance!
Zeev
Handoff will work just with bluetooth and ethernet as long as you signed in on same Apple ID but Airdrop needs wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back