Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, you have all been a great support to me as I have built/tested systems. I have search and not found a good answer to the following question I hope that someone can help.

System:
OS 10.12 (Sierra)
Gigabyte GA-7170X-UD5 (Mother Board with v20 BIOS)
GeForce 950t (Graphics)
TP-Link WDN4800 (Wireless Card)
IO-Gear (USB BlueTooth)

Using the WDN4800 that was suggested I haven't yet been able to get AirDrop working:
1. Is there a command that I should run to see if AirDrop/Continuity should work?
2. Is there a driver in MultiBeast that I should have loaded to get these services working?
3. Is there a how-to that I should look at for getting AirDrop to work that someone else has used?
4. Should I be looking at getting a Broadcom wireless card? Would this 100% fix the issue?

AirDrop uses Bluetooth to find nearby devices... and then wifi for the transfer. Are you able to see nearby devices? If not, you should probably start the research with Bluetooth and AirDrop. Perhaps that will help kick the can a bit further down the road.

Hi guys.
I'm using a TP-Link TL-WN881ND wifi card and a USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongle (I don't Remember the brand, but it works great!)

I can't pair my iPhone 6 to my hack and also i cant transfer files by AirDrop. The unusual thing is, my Bluetooth works good to pair my other things as my Motorola XT1097 that I could transfer files from my hack, and i also have a PS4 Joystick, that pairs and works great as well...

NOTE: The Bluetooth usb dongle works plug and play on El Capitan, i had not to install any kext..

Any help?

Hi guys.
I'm using a TP-Link TL-WN881ND wifi card and a USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongle (I don't Remember the brand, but it works great!)

I can't pair my iPhone 6 to my hack and also i cant transfer files by AirDrop. The unusual thing is, my Bluetooth works good to pair my other things as my Motorola XT1097 that I could transfer files from my hack, and i also have a PS4 Joystick, that pairs and works great as well...

NOTE: The Bluetooth usb dongle works plug and play on El Capitan, i had not to install any kext..

Any help?
How can you use your wifi card? I have the same wifi card but i try many times and still can not connect. The wifi indicator appears but it always show "Finding network..."

How can you use your wifi card? I have the same wifi card but i try many times and still can not connect. The wifi indicator appears but it always show "Finding network..."

A friend sent me one kext, and then it works fine... i'm not sure what results I got before install this kext, but works...
When i get home After work, I can post the kext here for you (if the rules allow me to do that)

Now is your turn to help, what i have to do to get the AirDrop Working. hahahaha

Sorry dude, my mistake.. The model of my wifi card is TL-WN851ND instead of TL-WN8881ND like a said before. But I can attach the kext if you want..

Cheers!

Sorry dude, my mistake.. The model of my wifi card is TL-WN851ND instead of TL-WN8881ND like a said before. But I can attach the kext if you want..

Cheers!
Yep, can you upload it here? I found some thread and try to make it work but it's not lucky. I will try to understand.

hey, so where is that kext? and more interestingly, where did you get it from? I'm using also a TP Link wireless USB and a bluetooth and been trying to set up airdrop for ages.... my TP link wireless USB model is Archer T4U (or AC1300)... I'm sure the problem stems simply from that macOS doesn't even recognize this as a wi-fi card.. but I don't know how to write kexts myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back