GeForce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi im building a hackintosh for the first time with a Dual CPU motherboard and I was wondering whats better for cooling my CPUs? The CPUs im getting are 6 cores clocked at 3.5Ghz. the cpus have a max of 3.8Ghz when over clocked but I'm not sure if its necessary considering all im going to do is watching TV and playing video games. I do some video rendering time to time but not that often and I plan to do 3D gaming on this computer as well. I plan to leave the computer on 24/7 unless im doing a random upgrade or cleaning out the dust inside. I only use the computer for about 7 hours a day.

What I care about in cooling is how much heat my computer will make and performance so if you have a good idea for CPU cool don't hold back. I don't plan to make a custom water cooling system.
Main point is should I do air cooling or water cooling for dual cpu or both?

Go for water cooling sense you want a silent computer. Water cooling will cool a lot better then air at a lot low volume. I would recommend the Corsair H100i (or the GTX) its really nice, though I cant say if you will have room for two of those.

Go for water cooling sense you want a silent computer. Water cooling will cool a lot better then air at a lot low volume. I would recommend the Corsair H100i (or the GTX) its really nice, though I cant say if you will have room for two of those.

I'm planning to use an extreme full sized case so it might work.

Would the
Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm work or the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Cooling also be a good cooler because the case I chose can that can fit a 360mm radiator?

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Hydro-Performance-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B00B4OCW7K/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1432399606&sr=1-3&keywords=280mm+radiator

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MPIDYTO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=20VMI4G4G2VLP&coliid=IXTC1QPYX5TDR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back