Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Sorry if this has already been posted. I have a 3x640gb raid 5 array on ich10r and a separate 120gb for dual boot osx86 and win7. Is there a way to configure this so I don't have to change bios during boot to see the raid in w7 but still have the option to run Mac whenever I want? I don't need Mac to see the raid, just don't want to play with bios settings each time I change os boot choice.

I was able to install Win7 on raid0 using the blue sata connectors, and install OSX on a separate HDD connected to the white port. I imagine you could do the same with your setup, just set up raid5 with the Intel controller and set the white SATA ports to AHCI mode in bios.

The only problem i ran across with that set up is i can't boot directly from the OSX HDD. That, however, may be a completely different issue.

Forgottenbhs said:
I was able to install Win7 on raid0 using the blue sata connectors, and install OSX on a separate HDD connected to the white port. I imagine you could do the same with your setup, just set up raid5 with the Intel controller and set the white SATA ports to AHCI mode in bios.

The only problem i ran across with that set up is i can't boot directly from the OSX HDD. That, however, may be a completely different issue.

You got dual boot action on that thing or do you have to hit f12 on boot to pick your boot drive?

I press F12. I cannot get OSX to recognize my raid controller during install.

I guess I can live with that :)

Or you could set your SL HDD as the startup drive and just hit space bar when you see the chameleon screen and choose your windows install when you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back