Contribute
Register

After Yosemite update some USB ports not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the linked kext and running the terminal commands makes USB 3.0 work, but after rebooting it seems like it's not loading the kext and will only work if I re run the commands. Anyone know how to fix this?

Try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

I just successfully updated my hackintosh to Yosemite form 10.9.5 to 10.10. I realised that half of my usb ports aren't woking, but they worked perfectly with Mavericks. And the ones that work change upon each reboot. Any ideas???

got same issues.. Had mavericks fully updated and working perfectly but since updating to Yosemite USB is on and off and no usb 3 ports appear to be working?
I tried the Universal usb3 kext just for kicks but got a panic so i rebooted in safe and reinstalled basic multibeast? Im on the unit and functionality seems fair but having to keep switching the port for my kb and mouse is getting old :( and suggestions on a maximus v extreme 16gig musician redline 6gb titan graphics

The new kext worked for me! I have all of the onboard ports working including the 3.0 ones.

I used Kext Utility to install it. (in Downloads) It makes it very easy. No need for Terminal.

Thanks Cheetaa!

UPDATE - The ports don't work reliably. I can get the two rear USB ports to work if I plug an item into the 2.0 port then unplug and put it into the 3.0 port.

If I don't use the driver I can't get the ports to work at all. Still investigating.

Last edited:
The Kext worked beautifully. All of my USB ports work fantastically now.

Try this :

Run KextBeast.

Restart

Thank for this tip. Solved my front panel's USB3 cant detect iphone5. Fyi, used Gigabyte Z77P-D3 motherboard

I have to say that before reading P1lgrim thread this method didn't worked. Inclusive I re-installed AppleUSBXHCI.kext but some ports do not worked so fine -audio yes, webcam no, same port-

But after downloading this version of RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016 (Kext Wizard install the kext and rebuild Permissions and Cache, and a restart), all worked ok.

Have to say also that taking note from another thread I chanced some BIOS settings on my board:

xHCI Pre Boot ----> Disabled
xHCI ----> AUTO
HSPorts (1 TO 4) Enabled
xHCI & EHCI Hand Off ----> Enabled

So thanks everybody in this forum for your help :)

Try this :

Run KextBeast.

Restart

Thanks a bunch, Pilgrim. This solved my USB3 issues on my Sabertooth z77 board. I didn't use KextBeast but instead KextWizard which seems to do the same thing.

Also, for those that are still having issues after the above solution, try placing this flag in your chameleon .plist. I believe this makes the kexts available even if they're unsigned.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

Thanks a bunch, Pilgrim. This solved my USB3 issues on my Sabertooth z77 board. I didn't use KextBeast but instead KextWizard which seems to do the same thing.

Also, for those that are still having issues after the above solution, try placing this flag in your chameleon .plist. I believe this makes the kexts available even if they're unsigned.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

You're welcome - Glad it helped you too :thumbup:

You're welcome - Glad it helped you too :thumbup:

thank you P1LGRIM working now here too, Had to rebuild kext permissions with Rehabmans kext :) and it works perfect..
I know you use a MVE do you have the bluetooth module for Maximus V extreme working with yosemite ? Be great to get handoff working natively with this board, thanks again and in advance

After Yosemite update some USB 3 ports not working

I have a Z68XP-UD4 and after installing Yosemite half of the USB 3 don't work.

If I uninstall the GenericUSBXHCI.kext non of the USB 3 work but If I reinstalled only half of them work. One in the front and one in the back.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back