Contribute
Register

After Yosemite update some USB ports not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to boot in with -f -x flags. Once in I reinstalled my chimera bootloader and I am back up! Now to use kextbeast to try to get my USB 3.0 working. Thanks Jithin.

Ok, so I have installed this USB 3.0 card:
orico pvu3-5o2u usb3.0

I have tried both rehabman and the 10.10 USB kexts. My system profiler recognizes my USB 3.0 card but it won't mount any of my harddrives. The USB 2.0 HDs I plug into the card light up but don't mount. My USB 3.0 hard drive light doesn't even come on. Any ideas?

Ok, so I have installed this USB 3.0 card:
orico pvu3-5o2u usb3.0

I have tried both rehabman and the 10.10 USB kexts. My system profiler recognizes my USB 3.0 card but it won't mount any of my harddrives. The USB 2.0 HDs I plug into the card light up but don't mount. My USB 3.0 hard drive light doesn't even come on. Any ideas?

Not sure whether an external card work perfectly with the kext. Try to connect a USB stick and check whether it is detecting or not.

Not sure whether an external card work perfectly with the kext. Try to connect a USB stick and check whether it is detecting or not.

In the end this card fried my usb 3.0 hard drive. And I didn't realize but my wife had important family photos on there that were not backed up!

Turns out the card was supplying too much power to my usb device, caused an electronic malfunction to the point where the drive never even spun up afterward:( Now I am out 900 dollars for data recovery.

Needless to say, my USB 3.0 add on experiment is done for now.

Thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back