Contribute
Register

after upgrade to 10.15 Catalina, audio driver broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock B75 Pro3
CPU
E3-1230v2
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I followed top guides to set my audio driver (ALC892) and it worked on Mojave very smooth , but after upgrade to 10.15 , it does not work at all.

anyone get this problem ? and how to fix it out ? thanks

Same here,

I tried a lot of things, but the solution was to add them to /L/E directory using a kext installer.

Hope we can get a permanent solution though.

Perhaps it is caused by read/write permission of Catalina being different from Mojave's .

I still haven't fixed my ALC892 on Catalina, when it was perfectly working on Mojave.. Anyone?

Edit 1: I actually booted to Windows and the sound chip "cannot be started" is there a possibility that the sound chip broke?

Edit 2: I had to flash the BIOS in order for the sound card to reappear in Windows, and hackOS. The weird thing is that the HDMI audio wouldn't appear in Windows or macOS.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,
I had the same exact issue, I manage to fix my audio, the issue was that lilu was not loading correctly on Catalina.
use this bootflag on Catalina:
-lilubetaall

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 10.56.14.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 10.56.14.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 1,216
I have an old H87N-WIFI board and have had problems getting my ALC892 to work with every build (device ID 1458:A002), so I was a bit worried I wasn't going to get it working in Catalina, but fortunately I found a way to get it to go just when I was about to give up!

I used MultiBeast 12.0.0 Catalina edition and set the audio driver to AppleALC and Option 3 Port (Native) with the audio output set to Internal Speakers.

I suggest trying it with just AppleALC, then with Optional 3 Port (5.1) and if that doesn't work then the Optional 3 Port (Native) - which apparently sets the inject ID to 3. It's probably a bit different from motherboard to motherboard.

Best of luck!!
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.39.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.39.08 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back