Contribute
Register

After upgrade from Leopard no network connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-G41M-ES2L rev 1.1
CPU
E6500
Graphics
Gforce 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Who can help.
I got from a relative a desktop pc with a good working OS X Hackintosch installation. Initially I planned a Ubuntu installation, but got intrigued by a OS X installation on a regular pc.
But I am a total novice with Apple OS X and (stupid me) I chose to upgrade.
At first everything looked okay, but soon I detected that there was no network connection(wired and wireless). After some reading I found an advice to boot in safe mode. When I did this I could use the wired network, not de wireless.
So my question is what to do to establish at least a reliable wired network connection.
Hope someone can help

Who can help.
I got from a relative a desktop pc with a good working OS X Hackintosch installation. Initially I planned a Ubuntu installation, but got intrigued by a OS X installation on a regular pc.
But I am a total novice with Apple OS X and (stupid me) I chose to upgrade.
At first everything looked okay, but soon I detected that there was no network connection(wired and wireless). After some reading I found an advice to boot in safe mode. When I did this I could use the wired network, not de wireless.
So my question is what to do to establish at least a reliable wired network connection.
Hope someone can help

It is impossible to help you right now - my crystal ball is broken and I cannot see your hardware.

Please follow the Rules and fill in your profile and/or create a sig with your hardware.
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php
Please read, understand and follow all of the forum rules. You will find it is much easier to get help.

Sorry, was hoping for a quick solution.
I filled in the hardware parts, hope that these information gives some light on the matter.
The WiFi card is a TP-Link TL-WN951N, rev. 1.0
(Can't find the rev. number of the mobo, lots of numbers such as AG4225 01560)

Sorry, was hoping for a quick solution.
I filled in the hardware parts, hope that these information gives some light on the matter.
The WiFi card is a TP-Link TL-WN951N, rev. 1.0
(Can't find the rev. number of the mobo, lots of numbers such as AG4225 01560)

For onboard audio ALC888B and onboard networking RTL8111E, use MultiBeast for the version you upgraded to and you should get audio and networking back without -x boot-arg.
For the wireless, I do not know if you can find a driver for it. Forum search may turn up something and Google is always your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back