Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Hello, I've just updated and everything works, except the Bluetooth (WiFi works correctly). I have a DW1560 WiFi/BT card, and I read something about BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. But I read that RehabMan, the developer, doesn't distribute it. Anyone can help?

Hello, I've just updated and everything works, except the Bluetooth (WiFi works correctly). I have a DW1560 WiFi/BT card, and I read something about BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. But I read that RehabMan, the developer, doesn't distribute it. Anyone can help?
Here’s the link

Here’s the link

My root problem is bluetooth stopped working on upgrading to Catalina.

I have applied the latest USB 3.0 Inject kext to patch as referred to in
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-2-0-3-0-3-1-fix.284709/post-2013694

My Wi-Fi takes about 3+ minutes to initialize once the OS is booted. I suspect that also indicates a problem?

Here is the WiFi card:

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 8.30.56 PM.png

Here is the BCM20702A0 (Bluetooth?) card seen on USB.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 5.56.31 PM.png

I don't see a place on github to download the release (or debug) versions of the .kexts call out by headkaze. There are 3 kexts expected for the fix: BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

Is one expected to compile these from the github project? Has anyone got all three available?

The link by the way doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
My root problem is bluetooth stopped working on upgrading to Catalina.

I have applied the latest USB 3.0 Inject kext to patch as referred to in
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-2-0-3-0-3-1-fix.284709/post-2013694

My Wi-Fi takes about 3+ minutes to initialize once the OS is booted. I suspect that also indicates a problem?

Here is the WiFi card:

View attachment 433266
Here is the BCM20702A0 (Bluetooth?) card seen on USB.

View attachment 433265

I don't see a place on github to download the release (or debug) versions of the .kexts call out by headkaze. There are 3 kexts expected for the fix: BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

Is one expected to compile these from the github project? Has anyone got all three available?

The link by the way doesn't work.

Attachments

• BrcmPatchRAM3-V2.3.0d3.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 602
With this kexts Bluetooth don't work.

which ones are you using and where have you installed them?

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
in L/E .. is it correct ?

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
in L/E .. is it correct ?
yes, that is correct, make sure you have your usb ports setup correctly, also maybe best to start a new thread in laptop support

yes, that is correct, make sure you have your usb ports setup correctly, also maybe best to start a new thread in laptop support

@Feartech :

Thank you so much! Bluetooth returns on Catalina! I installed the Release versions of BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmPatchRam3, and BrcmFirmwareRepo in /L/E, rebuilt the kext cache rebooted and all is well.

WiFi also starts up on boot immediately, unlike before. Can't explain that process difference ( it started up 3 minutes after boot before), but why look a gift horse in the mouth?

My bluetooth has stopped working after the update to 10.15.1!

I have reported this issue on another thread.

Bluetooth is seen as a device but can't connect to any other devices, and can't be turned on or off.

I updated to the very latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext before updating to 10.15.1. And they seemed not to affect 10.15.0 and Bluetooth. It was working then, but not following the update.

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back