Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Updated my build to Sierra, everything working flawlessly except:

External Drives dont show up in the finder ("My Computer" window) and are read only. Disk utility shows them being mounted, and I can see the ones that I pinned to the sidebar on there and can access them from there.

They are formated in OSX Extended Journaled, so no NTFS problem.

Last edited:
Updated my build to Sierra, everything working flawlessly except:

External Drives / EFI partition dont show up in the finder ("My Computer" window). Disk utility shows them being mounted, and I can see the ones that I pinned to the sidebar on there and can access them from there.

Maybe just an OSX setting? Would appreciate any help.

Edit: If I mount the EFI partition via Clover configurator and click on "open partition" nothing happens either. Can not access EFI at all?

Edit2: Ok it seems to be related to me renaming my OSX Partition. Renaming it back enables me to access EFI. Any way to rename the partition then? The other external drive is still not showing up though.

Go to: Finder (menu) -->Preferences --> General --> Show these items on the desktop. Check which items you'd like to show

Thanks for the answer but thats not my problem. Probably the language barrier here.

I can not see certain drives in the FINDER itself. As you can see on the screenshot the drive is plugged in (in the sidebar) but does not show up in the main finder window.

Last edited:
try this
Open Terminal (Utilities>Terminal)
type:
diskutil list
(look for your drive where you installed your bootloader -- as for mine its on /dev/disk1s1)

diskutil mount /dev/diskXsY
(X=# of the drive Y= # of the partion ---this is to mount the efi partition)

EFI partition unmounts itself after reboot of the computer. So even if you pinned it down on the sidebar it will still go away. As for me everytime i reboots/shuts down my computer the drive # of my bootdisk keeps on changing thats why clover configurator cant mount the EFI partition all the time

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 4.12.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 4.12.06 PM.png
    100 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thanks again for the answer but the EFI problem is solved. It was related to renaming my System drive.

I still have problems with my external drives. They dont show up in the finder (only in sidebar) and are read only.
Yes they are formated in Mac OSX Extended Journaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back