Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P6T-SE
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GTX 770
I'm experiencing an issue after updating Catalina from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4.
My American Megatrends BIOS settings are set to default every time I reboot or shut down macOS, resulting in the inability to boot properly since my storage configuration is set to IDE and not AHCI.
It appears that other users are facing similar issues:
https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/788
It's not a problem due to the CMOS battery, since this happens only in macOS and not when booting Windows 10.

I tried RTCMemoryFixup and some ACPI patches to no avail. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200329_180124.jpg
    20200329_180124.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 410
same here now everytime i turn on this thing i have to find walk arounds to boot properly

Same here. Started just after the upgrade. Is only after a Shutdown and not after a Reboot. Is like MacOS is not letting the BIOS know it did a proper Shutdown. The work around for me is to go to the bios and then quit it without any change and then it boots. But the message appears after every Power-on.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-01 at 10.26.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-01 at 10.26.10.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 178
I have the same problem. It started after updating to 10.15.4. For me it does not matter whether I restart or shutdown. Proper sleep/wake is also broken since this update (might be due to the same issue).

I'm checking websites and forums and a lot of people with the same issue are commenting. I'm not aware of a solution.
Someone said he just had to disable the error warning in BIOS to let it boot nonetheless, but I believe that works only if your BIOS is set to AHCI mode by default. Mine is not.

Same for me, and in my case it's a Legacy BIOS motherboard (Not UEFI).

I also need to reconfigure everything because IDE is set as default and many other settings needs to be tweaked.

I reverted to 10.15.3 for the meantime.

This error happens on both Clover r5107 (not tested 5108 yet) and OpenCore 0.5.7. On OC I have the AppleRTC patch. Makes no difference. I also use a patched DSDT and IIRC, there's a patch on the RTC device to prevent this from happening.

Any clues?

I am experiencing the same problem on Z390 from ASUS after updating on macOS 10.15.4. No one was able to find a solution to the problem?

I am experiencing the same problem on Z390 from ASUS after updating on macOS 10.15.4. No one was able to find a solution to the problem?

I downgraded to an earlier BIOS on my system that I knew was stable before upgrading. If you have a backup of your system prior to upgrading you could try that route.

I downgraded to an earlier BIOS on my system that I knew was stable before upgrading. If you have a backup of your system prior to upgrading you could try that route.
In my case, sleep works stably, so I see no reason to restore the OS. I will wait for a solution on macOS 10.15.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back