Contribute
Register

After update to 10.15.4, BIOS resets every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have to add any boot args

I found that I only needed to add boot-arg "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" for a single boot of 10.15.4 on my HackPro5,1. After booting once with this boot-arg, I no longer needed it. Not sure why.

thank you very much, i will test this

I have copy boot.efi in 10.15.3 ( s/l/coreservices ) and paste it on 10.15.5 beta . Very Very Good job it’s workssssss!!!!!!

There is now an alternative to swapping out the boot.efi. By following the advice here on my socket 1156/H55 Chipset/Xeon X3460/RX580, I am able to run Catalina 10.15.4 with the Catalina 10.15.4 boot.efi after running the following command in Terminal:

Code:
sudo nvram wake-failure=%00%00%00%00%00

This NVRAM setting is persistent between boot cycles. I am running Clover (Legacy) r5112 with only the following Clover BIOS drivers:
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • FSInject.efi

Last edited:
It appears that Clover r5114 added the wake-failure variable: see commit here.

r5114 break my system. I'm getting "m_lenA fatal error happened. System Halted" after boot. And can't boot Catalina. :mad:

Good to know - thanks. I see your reported issue in GitHub. I am running r5114 without any issues, so this is definitely system-specific.

Has anyone found a viable solution to this? I have the same problem and the system doesn't want to seem to update to 10.15.5 either. I really suspect it's something with Clover. I'm on 5107

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back