Contribute
Register

After update to 10.15.4, BIOS resets every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
DELETED: Solution found here.

Last edited:
Yes, this is what I did to solve it;
Remove EMUVariableUEFI.efi, place SSDT-PMC.efi in Clover/ACPI/Patched add slide=0.
I had the BIOS reset problem before adding the slide=0 to boot args.

Yes, this is what I did to solve it;
Remove EMUVariableUEFI.efi, place SSDT-PMC.efi in Clover/ACPI/Patched add slide=0.
I had the BIOS reset problem before adding the slide=0 to boot args.
I have same MB. (strix z390-e) and GPU (Sapphire Rx580). Can you share your EFI folder's backup? Thanks.

@Big-W - thank you for the suggestion. I added slide=0 to my Clover (Legacy) r5109 boot-args, but I still experience the CMOS reset problem. My boot-args are now

-no_compat_check rtcfx_exclude=00-ff slide=0

With these Clover (Legacy) boot args, I still experience the CMOS reset when running Catalina 10.15.4 on my Socket 1156 / H55 / Xeon X3460 / RX580.

Last edited:
@Big-W - thank you for the suggestion. I added slide=0 to my Clover (Legacy) r5109 boot-args, but I still experience the CMOS reset problem
I've experienced a few KP's over the last few days. I think I will just go back to emulating nvram, I reboot between Windows and OSX a lot, so sensible restarts are important. 10.15.3 worked like a dream with EMUVariableUEFI. Or keep persevering with OpenCore.

EDIT: An alternative to replacing boot.efi is here. Simply running Terminal command sudo nvram wake-failure=%00%00%00%00%00 works for me. I am able to run Catalina 10.15.4 with the stock boot.efi after running this terminal command.

Keeping the solution below for historical purposes.

----------------------------------------

Herve figured out the BIOS Reset here.

Last edited:
Good find, I've changed my boot.efi for a 10.15.3 backup and so far so good :thumbup:

I needed to temporarily add boot-arg "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" for a single boot in order for my HackPro5,1 to boot Catalina 10.15.4. After booting once with boot-arg, "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" I didn't need this boot-arg any more.

My System is as follows:
  • macOS 10.15.4.02
  • SMBIOS MacModel MacPro5,1
  • Clover (Legacy) r5109 (boot-args: -no_compat_check)
  • Socket 1156 / H55 Chipset / Xeon X3460
  • Graphics: Sapphire Pulse RX580
  • RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24

Last edited:
Wow, finally (maybe) a solution! May someone upload a boot.efi backup for 10.15.3? I can't access that forum, because confirmation email does not get to me. :(

Herve figured out the BIOS Reset here.

Just tried it, it works great for me! Sleep/wake is running fine again too! I didn't have to add any boot args or patches (except the AppleRTC patch that I already had enabled previously). It would be nice if there will be a proper patch in the future though as updates will most likely often replace the boot.efi..

Wow, finally (maybe) a solution! May someone upload a boot.efi backup for 10.15.3? I can't access that forum, because confirmation email does not get to me. :(

I've attached the file.

Attachments

• 10.15.3_boot.efi.zip
    371.9 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back