Contribute
Register

After update to 10.12.1 BCM94352 WiFi not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the proper way to add a .plist of a patch to the main Mac efi .plist? I downloaded plist edit pro and opened the efi .plist and can view it and everything, do I just copy the patch into the kext area of the main .plist? Sorry, I'm not much of a coder and there isn't a whole lot of info on how to actually use the files and programs.

Just use copy/paste to copy the entry from the provided plist into the same section of your own config.plist.

Just use copy/paste to copy the entry from the provided plist into the same section of your own config.plist.
Ok, I see. Is there a right or wrong place to paste the patch? Is it dependent on what sort of patch it is? I placed the wifi patch under "<key>KextsToPatch</key>" and it seemed to work fine.

Ok, I see. Is there a right or wrong place to paste the patch?

Yes. The patches are in the right section in the source/provided plist.

Hello, I got my wifi working with the patches in the provided config file, however, bluetooth doesn't even show in System Preferences. Any pointers?

Hello, I got my wifi working with the patches in the provided config file, however, bluetooth doesn't even show in System Preferences. Any pointers?

Do you see the bluetooth controller in System Information -> USB?

Do you see the bluetooth controller in System Information -> USB?
No. I only see USB 3.0 Bus, and under it are my usb devices. However, I see my broadcom card as:

BCM20702A0:

Product ID: 0x216f
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: 184F32F3F5BA
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
Location ID: 0x14d00000 / 1
Current Available (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Status
Not open for further replies.