Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a Hackintosh working perfectly on High Sierra 10.13.0. Ran a security update 2 days ago (2017-001) and I'm now at High Sierra 10.13.1. It says there is another software update available, but no matter what I do it won't install. It says it installs, it goes through the progress bar, and reboots the computer,.... but it doesn't update and the software update still shows up in the app store.

But my biggest problem is that I can no longer skip the Clover bootloader screen. After this update, everything in the EFI mount disappeared. Clover no longer skips the boot loader screen, and I have to press a key to confirm which drive to boot from. This is a problem because I have a bluetooth keyboard and therefore I can't press any button because bluetooth is not enabled until OSX boots up! So I'm using a USB keyboard in the mean time.

I created a new folder on the EFI mount and placed a new config.plist file there.
EFI > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist

I do not think it's reading this file! I have set the default boot volume to the correct volume, and checked "Fast" loader (I verified I have the correct volume name, I also set the time out to -1, 0, and 1 with no success. I tried setting the "CustomLogo" to "Alternate" to see if I can get the config.plist file to register any changes to the boot process. But that didn't do anything.

What am I missing? I have no idea what to o or try next. Any insight? Why did the EFI mount have nothing in it? Is it normal for an update not to install through from the app store?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 5.05.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 5.05.41 PM.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 120
@TiffanyMOBO, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Ok, I did that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back