Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s-Clover
CPU
i5-2430M
Graphics
HD 3000
Ok so after a bumpy start
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...t-cant-reach-installer-computer-restarts.html

I have managed to (fresh) install mavericks on a second partition of my internal HD.
So what I did next is reboot from my USB key as you do, after pressing F12 .
Selected my newly installed partition at chimera boot screen.
Used GraphicsEnabler=Yes required for my GT9500 graphic card
pressed enter, and then I got : Can't Find - Press Any Key To Continue.

What's happening here, is it because it can't recognise my partition?
Any input welcome!

After Successful Install: "Can't find" message

Ok so after a bumpy start
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...t-cant-reach-installer-computer-restarts.html

I have managed to (fresh) install mavericks on a second partition of my internal HD.
So what I did next is reboot from my USB key as you do, after pressing F12 .
Selected my newly installed partition at chimera boot screen.
Used GraphicsEnabler=Yes required for my GT9500 graphic card
pressed enter, and then I got : Can't Find - Press Any Key To Continue.

What's happening here, is it because it can't recognise my partition?
Any input welcome!

It sounds like an error in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's ask the question this way:
Can you have a 1st Snow Leopard partition and install mavericks on a second partition of the same HD?

Yes.

Thanks RehabMan, so what am I supposed to do here?
From my SL desktop I have since tried to install manually an extra folder on my Mavericks fresh install with my DSDT.aml and the latest Chimera version... Still not recognised...
Here's a screen capture of my mavericks volume showing invisible files if it can help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 10.53.10.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 10.53.10.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 110
Thanks RehabMan, so what am I supposed to do here?
From my SL desktop I have since tried to install manually an extra folder on my Mavericks fresh install with my DSDT.aml and the latest Chimera version... Still not recognised...
Here's a screen capture of my mavericks volume showing invisible files if it can help.

You have not completed your install by installing with Multibeast. Boot using your USB, then complete your configuration with appropriate selections in Multibeast.

Yes But considering I only had a Snow Leopard partition working, I couldn't use multibeast which is not compatible with 10.6.8.

But then I found a workaround.
I thought about your Chameleon suggestion.
So I have copied the "Extra" folder that was (thanks to Show All Files)on my USB key.
Restarted from the USB key selecting my new installed Mavericks partition which was then recognised, used Multibeast and then I was good to go!

What I have noticed is when I installed 10.9 on my 4530s Laptop and on my Desktop rig, the first restarts froze the system right after I typed my password at the login window... and then after another restart it's all good...

hey! I saw your post and this resembles my problem. how did you get that extra file on that mavericks partition? any help would be great. Where did you edit it from?
Thanks!

EP

I should say what did you do after copying the extra file? Did you place it somewhere?

thanks

Ev

It was a while ago but if I remember correctly, I have copied the content of the USB extra folder to the newly installed mavericks (simply create manually an Extra folder, alongside the Applications, Library, System Users...I think I even put my dsdt from a previous install) which allowed me to reboot (still with Unibeast) and then apply multi beast. Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks a lot! I am going to try that, and thanks for the quick response.:)

EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back