Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Quasi-Success] GA-Z77X-UP5-TH + EVGA Geforce GTX680

Hello -

I have installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 sucessfully, and quite easily actually, via the Unibeast USB drive method I read on this website. I created my USB drive by first loading Snow Leopard, purchasing and downloading Muontain Lion and creating the USB drive.

I can run through the Unibeast installation and everything works before doing anything with Multibeast. However as soon as I reboot with the Unibeast USB drive removed the system stalls with a white screen which appears just after the white screen with the Apple logo.

I have run through the installation many times already and tried using Multibeast with several various settings that I found in the forums but the result is always that I can boot after installation only as long as I leave the Unibeast USB drive installed. Interestingly if I remove the Unibeast USB drive, and after the boot stalls, re-installing the Unibeast USB drive will no longer allow the system to boot into the installed Mountain Lion but I can choose the Unibeast USB drive and begin the complete installation all over again.

Leaving the Unibeast USB drive plugged in will allow me to choose and boot to the Mountain Lion installed HDD even without doing anything with Multibeast and everything appears to work although I do not have speakers connected so that has not been verified yet.

My system components are in my signature. I updated the motherboard BIOS to F11 which did not make a difference.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

[Quasi-Success] GA-Z77X-UP50TH + EVGA Geforce GTX680

After many many re-installations I have my system operating fully EXCEPT for the fact that I need to have the Unibeast USB drive inserted in order to boot.

Here's the odd part: To get my system working best I don't use Multibeast at all.

My system shows as a Mac Pro and I have run everything, including a Logitech USB bluetooth dongle for a wireless speaker. Networking is fast. I am using iMovie 11 perfectly. Check out the video I did last night with iMovie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJ3I9RoQ08

I can run Apple update too.

I wish I didn't need to have the Unibeast USB drive in the system to boot, but if I have to live with the system like this it is no big deal I guess.

Any suggestions? My hardware configuration is in my signature.

I believe you need to install chimera, it is a bootloader inside of multibeast.
Boot from usb into your hard drive that has osX on it, then load chimera from multibeast. Then restart and go into bios and set your hard drive to the primary boot drive. It should fire up.

I have tried multibeast many times in so many different settings and in each case afterwards the system will not boot at all.

For the extra folder: do you mean the root of the USB or the HDD drive?

two things you should check:

1. have you installed chimera boot loader?
2. have you set your bios to:
- boot priority: there must be you osx drive at the first place
- first boot device: must be "Harddisk" not "usb HDD"

then it should find your partition if you have installed chimera with multi beast...

---edit
I just read your first post and you say it hangs on a white screen, so i guess you did the things i mentioned above right. how do you boot with unibeast? do type in "GraphicsEnabler=No every time when you boot cause normaly you would have to do so?
have you installed GraphicsEnabler=No in multibeast custom folder?

I tried those settings exactly. It seems that every time any settings with Chimera cause the extra black screen with the drive selection but selecting the HDD will not allow boot. Is that how it is supposed to work? Do all Chimera systems wait for a user input for boot selection even if only one drive in the system?

@asusman - There are only Applications, Library, System and Users folders in the root of the HDD.

if there is no EXTRA folder in the root of the HDD then you don´t have installed multi beast correctly. there must be a this folder and it should at least contain a boot.plist and a smbios.plist. without this folder you cannot boot into osx. only with the usb...

if there is no EXTRA folder in the root of the HDD then you don´t have installed multi beast correctly. there must be a this folder and it should at least contain a boot.plist and a smbios.plist. without this folder you cannot boot into osx. only with the usb...

Did you ever figure out how to resolve this? I am in the EXACT same situation. No extra folder after installing multibeast.

Did you ever figure out how to resolve this? I am in the EXACT same situation. No extra folder after installing multibeast.

Correct use of Multibeast will result in an /Extra folder being created.

It was two years ago when I had the problem but nobody replied back then and I can't remember what I did to solve the problem.

I can say I do have a "Extras" folder in the root of my OSX drive. It contains a "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back