Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, this is my first build which I finished a week ago and had been running flawlessly (running Mavericks 10.9.5).

I tried adding a bluetooth dongle and wasn't having luck so I searched the forum for a solution. As it turns out, the solution was very simple (I had to remove a competing bluetooth receiver from a usb hub that I didn't realize was still plugged in).

In my search though, I discovered advice from a user at this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/112984-mavericks-installed-but-bluetooth-issue.html

Here is a quote of the advice:

"The problem occurs with a new Mavericks install; Mavericks uses AppleUSBXHCI.kext for USB and ML uses AppleUSBEHCI.kext. Without a rebuild of cache, the OS is looking for the USB device in the wrong place.

Easy way: DPCIManager/Rebuild Cache
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/

I followed these instructions and (perhaps foolishly) used this program to rebuild my cache. Now my machine won't boot consistently! I don't know why - I'm getting some deadbeef kernel panics at startup.

Sometimes I can boot when I manually select the startup drive. I went into BIOS and disabled all other startup options so hopefully that will help with this problem. My question is, what did I do wrong and how can I undo it? I've changed my option to UseKernelCache=No and it seems like it SOMETIMES boots just fine.

The deadbeef errors were something I struggled with initially at installation but hadn't seen them again until I made this mistake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Small update - with my boot flag changed to UseKernelCache=No it seems to be more stable. But before I didn't need this; I'd like to go back to the original settings.

Won't UseKernelCache speed up boot times? I also tried re-installing settings in MultiBeast but now I for some reason get "the installation failed" at the Intel Audio driver (I'm not concerned about onboard audio, I exclusively use an audio interface and monitors for audio, but I didn't get that message previously).

Also, I believe it's the boot flag UseKernelCache=No that causes the grey 'countdown bar' at the chimera screen to hang for a few seconds before beginning to count down. Would I be able to counter this somehow by properly rebuilding my cache and speeding up boot? If so - how do I do that?

Small update - with my boot flag changed to UseKernelCache=No it seems to be more stable. But before I didn't need this; I'd like to go back to the original settings.

Won't UseKernelCache speed up boot times? I also tried re-installing settings in MultiBeast but now I for some reason get "the installation failed" at the Intel Audio driver (I'm not concerned about onboard audio, I exclusively use an audio interface and monitors for audio, but I didn't get that message previously).

Also, I believe it's the boot flag UseKernelCache=No that causes the grey 'countdown bar' at the chimera screen to hang for a few seconds before beginning to count down. Would I be able to counter this somehow by properly rebuilding my cache and speeding up boot? If so - how do I do that?

Make sure your cache rebuild is valid.

You can check by doing it at Terminal (no need for separate apps):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Make sure your cache rebuild is valid.

You can check by doing it at Terminal (no need for separate apps):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Thank you - I will try to do this; but before I do can you confirm if there is any danger in doing this? Is this a destructive process that could cause the same errors as before?

Thanks so much for your quick input; I am very grateful but I suppose I'm trying to be more cautious than I was initially (doing things I didn't understand before).

Cheers!

Thank you - I will try to do this; but before I do can you confirm if there is any danger in doing this?

It is the Apple recommended way to rebuild cache.

Thanks so much; I've entered that command into terminal and I received this output:

kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.snowleopard 509019000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext tc.tctechnologies.driver.OnyxFireWire 401009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement 100001002 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA 101069000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e 301009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/LPCSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CPUSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPISensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext"
kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot 100039000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.tgwbd.driver.ElliottForceLegacyRTC 100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID 307029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA3 100059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA 200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressPCIUl4 404029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC 304089000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext"
kext com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA 5009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx 300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext tc.tctechnologies.driver.OnyxFireWire 401009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

I bolded the ones that begin with "WARNING," could these be causing me issues? Honestly I'm not sure why at some points it allows me to boot and at some points it doesn't. Can I fix these kernels?

Thanks!

Thanks so much; I've entered that command into terminal and I received this output:

kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller 108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.snowleopard 509019000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement 100001002 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA 101069000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e 301009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/LPCSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CPUSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPISensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext"
kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot 100039000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.tgwbd.driver.ElliottForceLegacyRTC 100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID 307029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA3 100059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA 200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressPCIUl4 404029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC 304089000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext"
kext com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA 5009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx 300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load

I bolded the ones that begin with "WARNING," could these be causing me issues? Honestly I'm not sure why at some points it allows me to boot and at some points it doesn't. Can I fix these kernels?

Thanks!

It is a clean rebuild, but you have a lot of unnecessary kexts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back