Contribute
Register

After put a second blank hdd... the previous OS X freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
When i put a new second blank hdd (for data archive) the system on previous OS X installed freezes when appear apple logo (10 seconds of working load system data). The SATA port of first bootable hdd OS X its the same. I try different ports and result its the same. The second one i link to other SATA port.No make differences.
What can i do? Any adjustment in Bios (maybe the AHCI option? In the two hard drives? ) or i have to run the UniBeast to repair the hard drive where i have the system installed?

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,
LP

When i put a new second blank hdd (for data archive) the system on previous OS X installed freezes when appear apple logo (10 seconds of working load system data). The SATA port of first bootable hdd OS X its the same. I try different ports and result its the same. The second one i link to other SATA port.No make differences.
What can i do? Any adjustment in Bios (maybe the AHCI option? In the two hard drives? ) or i have to run the UniBeast to repair the hard drive where i have the system installed?

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,
LP

Well, solved with the option installation flat on this drive. It's more fast than previous one. How it was a hdd with 1TB, the boot won't work. But with the UniBeast and tony's command on terminal:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Eveything works again. I don't know why previous hdd OS X freeze in apple logo. And if it turns again what to do. If the system was corrupted by a power fault what can we do in future? There are another reasons for this happen?

LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back