Contribute
Register

After installing PCIe SATA Controller Catalina wont start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-z97x-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
RTX580
Hey Guys,

I updated my Hackintosh with 2 Nvme SSDs, in this way 2 of my SATA connectors wont work so I installed a PCI SATA Controller.
In windows 10 it works fine, no problems. But in Catalina it boot and when the screen change from the Apple to the Main Screen i just have multicolored snow just like graphic cards defect.

I change the BIOS from PCI slot 1 to slot 2 and it changed nothing.

I don't have any Ideas.

When i deinstall the PCI card it works.

But its a kind of s*** every time build in and out.

I hope you can help me.

Sorry for the bad english

PS: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07RFVWBGK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

this card i build in it.

Which SATA controller does the card use, Marvell, Intel or other?

Is the kext you need for this SATA Controller included in the version of macOS you are running? Or do you need to add it to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder?

I think I need a kext but don’t know which of them

I don’t know which processor this controller use.
I hoped any of you know this

Unfortunately the link you posted for Amazon.de doesn’t provide any technical information for the SATA card. A google search for the card’s driver/support page was also unhelpful.

Have you tried installing the card under Windows? What driver is used under Windows?

This card run directly with windows 10

Yes I am sure it does, but for that to happen Windows must automatically install a driver. You need to look at the properties of the PCIe SATA controller in Device Manager, this will confirm which controller is being used by the SATA card.

You can then hopefully find a matching kext that works with the controller under macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back