Contribute
Register

After Installing macOS Mojave Public Beta, Can't See Install Drive at Clover Boot Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Z220 SFF
CPU
Intel Xeon 1225 v2
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hmm. Run the installer, install finished, reboot and Clover can't see my disk to boot from it.
It's a HDD, not an SSD.

Hmm. Run the installer, install finished, reboot and Clover can't see my disk to boot from it.
It's a HDD, not an SSD.
Same here with my SSD. No solution yet. If I boot form my SSD with High Sierra - in Clover Menu - I see the Mojave SSD and can boot from there. But it stucks at the end of the Apple Progress Bar. If I boot from my Install Mojave USB Stick, I don't see the SSD either.

Same here with my SSD. No solution yet. If I boot form my SSD with High Sierra - in Clover Menu - I see the Mojave SSD and can boot from there. But it stucks at the end of the Apple Progress Bar. If I boot from my Install Mojave USB Stick, I don't see the SSD either.

Make sure you have apfsEFI in your clover/Drivers64efi folder (USB) and in SSD Clover make sure you have fakesmckext in Clover/Kexts/other folder. It sounds like 2 things may be hanging you up.

Last edited:
It's a HDD, not an SSD.

Add apfsEFI to clover Drivers64efi folder.

Make sure you do not Encrypt your installed drive during the installation. It happened to me too.

Make sure you do not Encrypt your installed drive during the installation. It happened to me too.
I got around the issue by installing Mojave to a spare SSD loaded into my USB 3 drive dock. No APFS, just HFS+. Installed the latest Clover on to it, copied over my 10.13.5 EFI folder and it boots fine when I hit F12 and select it from the list of drives. So far the only issues are no sound and no Nvidia Webdriver but then I haven't played with it much since installing it last night.

Make sure you have apfsEFI in your clover/Drivers64efi folder (USB) and in SSD Clover make sure you have fakesmckext in Clover/Kexts/other folder. It sounds like 2 things may be hanging you up.

Cool. That worked. WIFI & Bluetooth is also working.
Just my ALC898 Audio is not working. Any ideas/workaround on that one?

I got around the issue by installing Mojave to a spare SSD loaded into my USB 3 drive dock. No APFS, just HFS+.
How did you ensure that the installer did NOT use APFS but HFS+ ?

How did you ensure that the installer did NOT use APFS but HFS+ ?
As I said in the part you quoted, I put my spare SSD in a USB drive dock. When you install to a USB drive, the installer won't convert it to APFS, only on SATA connected SSDs (And yes, the dock has a SATA connector in it but it still sees it as USB first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back