Graphics
Geforce GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to install a copy of High Sierra in a second HD that I have connected to my computer. Everything seems to work fine and I can get through the installing process but when the computer restarts I get the message "Reboot and select proper boot device".

I still can start the computer with El Capitan OS but it's like it can't find the High Sierra installation at the other HD.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to install a copy of High Sierra in a second HD that I have connected to my computer. Everything seems to work fine and I can get through the installing process but when the computer restarts I get the message "Reboot and select proper boot device".

I still can start the computer with El Capitan OS but it's like it can't find the High Sierra installation at the other HD.

Any ideas?
you installed opencore or clover to the drive?

I installed it following the stept by step guide with unibeast UEFI mode. I tried to installed it again. Formated again the HD I want to use, Build the USB again and now the USB doesn't seem to find the OS when I click on it at the startup page. All I get is the reboot and select proper boot device again

you installed opencore or clover to the drive?
I think it's the clover one. But can't find an OS when I start the computer through f12

I just followed this guide

In the beginning it was working well but then I had that error where it said I couldn't boot from that device and so I couldn't finish the installation. I tried to do it again. I formatted the HD and also de USB that I was using. I Installed unibeast again until the step 15 of the guide. Now When I start the computer and hit f12 I can see all my drives, also the USB but when I chose that one all I get is the "Reboot and select proper boot device" message.
I still don't know why I was able to start the installation before but now doing the same steps I can not even start the installer from the usb

I installed it following the stept by step guide with unibeast UEFI mode.
I formatted the HD and also de USB that I was using. I Installed unibeast again until the step 15 of the guide. Now When I start the computer and hit f12 I can see all my drives, also the USB but when I chose that one all I get is the "Reboot and select proper boot device" message.
Erase the USB drive with Disk Utility and run UniBeast on it again as per the guide making sure you select UEFI mode for the bootloader. Then try to boot the installer again.
Is the El Capitan installation still functional?

Erase the USB drive with Disk Utility and run UniBeast on it again as per the guide making sure you select UEFI mode for the bootloader. Then try to boot the installer again.

Is the El Capitan installation still functional?
Yes, the El Capitan is still working as it's in a different HD. I've tried to erase the USB a few times and use unibeast with the UEFI mode, but it's not finding the OS when I start the computer through f12. So weird

Yes, the El Capitan is still working as it's in a different HD. I've tried to erase the USB a few times and use unibeast with the UEFI mode, but it's not finding the OS when I start the computer through f12. So weird
So there is a UEFI boot entry on the F12 menu for the USB drive but it doesn't work. Is that correct? Make sure you're not selecting the legacy BIOS option for that drive.

If this is so then maybe you can try starting the High Sierra install from inside El Capitan and select the second hard drive as the destination. When the system restarts Clover should boot the High Sierra installer and finish the process. This assumes you have both drives connected and El Cap is first in the boot order.

Also, if it even needs said, be sure to have a current backup of your system before proceeding further.

You need to make sure you have either HfsPlus.efi or VBoxHfs.efi installed in your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. In order for a macOS HFS+ formatted drive to show in the Clover Boot screen.

Do not add both drivers, one or the other. HfsPlus.efi is the better of the two drivers. But VBoxHfs.efi comes as part of the Clover installation.

If you have installed High Sierra to an APFS formatted drive, then you should also make sure you include ApfsDriverLoader.efi in the same folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back