Contribute
Register

After Installation, Lost Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you used the audio script in the past then try disabling all of the audio related patches in the Kernel and Kext patches section of clover configurator. I kept id 1 and I have audio on my alc 1220. Maybe you don't need to specify an id anymore? I read a post in the main Mojave thread that tried this and it worked for me as well.

All supported layout-ids work with AppleALC.kext _ v1.2.8 and newer
The layout-id = 2 condition applies to MultiBeast 10 (High Sierra) only
This of course has changed since I made my post in this thread. I do appreciate the heads up though I haven’t followed it much since I got up and running over a month ago. I did note that I was able to have audio with your kext from your script installed after a kextcache rebuild when I was checking AMD Framebuffer situation. At least I think that’s how it was. Even though I moved to the lilu solution. Additionally I updated the amd framebuffer dump script for those who have a need for it in Mojove. It’s in the Radeon compatibility thread. I’ll try and get a link to it for you if you have seen it yet. Currently on mobile.

Mojave does not support Audio ID/layout-id = 1 or 3.
Temporary workarounds:
a. set Audio ID/layout-id = 2 (Desktop: 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150, 1220 only)
b. AppleALC.kext only, see Workaround incompatible layouts · vit9696

Permanent fix:
a. New Audio IDs added to current solutions, TBD.
works for my Audio ID / layout-id = 1 in 1220 z370 aorus gaming 7 Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A336e)

Hi,

I lost my audio after Mojave update. My audio is Realtek alc1150. I see a possible solution installing this https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC1150 , but the instructions say to uninstall the old drivers. The problem is i dont know how to proceed. any help ?

Thanks

thx! but i need to uninstall the old drivers ?
Installation - Native AppleHDA.kext, install one method only, uninstall previous audio methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back